Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When powering off the vehicle with the lights at Auto function, lights are/stay switched on automatically until the driver's door opens.
Does anybody know whether this function can be customized?

One more thing. Is it only me or the rear view mirror blocks a lot of the front field? Does anybody knows whether the height (not the height view) of rear view mirror can be adjusted? It looks kind of customizable, but when I tried to push it up a little seemed to be solid as rock.

Thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
When powering off the vehicle with the lights at Auto function, lights are/stay switched on automatically until the driver's door opens.
Does anybody know whether this function can be customized?

One more thing. Is it only me or the rear view mirror blocks a lot of the front field? Does anybody knows whether the height (not the height view) of rear view mirror can be adjusted? It looks kind of customizable, but when I tried to push it up a little seemed to be solid as rock.

Thank you
yanastas,
There are several customizations that you can you can do with either the NAV screen or the DISP switch. Several can only be changed by the dealer.

For your first question, I think what you are looking for is on page 207 of the manual.

1. Please see the following link for the list of customizations:
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM76040U/pdf/sec_06-02.pdf
(
note: you may need to be logged in to the Lexus Drivers website to see this, if you don't have a log-in, its both free and easy)

2. This is a list of customizations that can only be done by the dealer:
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-with-nav-LPS.pdf
(see note above)

With regard to the RR view mirror (mounted to the windshield), I am ~6' and have not had any issues with the RR view mirror being in my field of view to the point that it was disrupting my safe view of the road. If this is an issue for you - and not knowing your height, etc, you might consider changing your seating position to get the best view of the road using the RR and Side view mirrors. Every car that I have owned takes some time to fine tune my seating position to get the best view of the road. I have ~1200 miles on my CT and am getting it dialed in...

cheers.

Dale.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I am 6 foot and also struggle with rear view mirror being too low, I have tried lowering the seat, however you land up sitting too close to the floor and knees bent to high so very uncomfortable. I prefer a high seat position so have to duck down and look under the mirror when I get to intersections etc. Not the best and safe way to drive but most comfortable. At least the sun visors work well when you sit this high! See there are a lot of complaints about them!

On the lights question, I am struggling to set mine to stay on when you open the door! Can't seem to set it, so waiting for the dealer to do it. Can't understand why you want the lights to switch off when you open the door, I prefer them to stay on for about 10 seconds so I can get into the house!

TA

·
Registered
609 Posts
On the lights question, I am struggling to set mine to stay on when you open the door! Can't seem to set it, so waiting for the dealer to do it. Can't understand why you want the lights to switch off when you open the door, I prefer them to stay on for about 10 seconds so I can get into the house!
TA
Check out the link at the post above yours. The option you are looking for is on page 709: Headlight Off Time Adjustment. If it is set to OFF, the headlight will go off when you open the door. You can change it to 30 sec, 60 sec, or 90 sec.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi I am 6 foot and also struggle with rear view mirror being too low, I have tried lowering the seat, however you land up sitting too close to the floor and knees bent to high so very uncomfortable. I prefer a high seat position so have to duck down and look under the mirror when I get to intersections etc. Not the best and safe way to drive but most comfortable. At least the sun visors work well when you sit this high! See there are a lot of complaints about them!
If it is just the traffic light above you are trying to see, there are products out there to help. One of them is called lightinsight or something like that. It sticks to the top of your windshield.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your replies and time.

Lights when powering off the vehicle:
@rdalemercer
Regarding the customizations proposed, the thing is that in my country (Greece) the option "Automatic light control system" -> "HEADLIGHT OFF TIME ADJUSTMENT", which seems to be the only relevant one to the this issue, is not offered in the list of available items to customize.

@lostchild
I don't want the lights to go off when I open the door. I want the lights to go off when immediately after I power off the car.

Rear view mirror height
@rdalemercer
I have tried every possible seat adjustment, but still I think it is always in the middle of my field.

@tima
I knew it wasn't only me. It is a relief to know that I am not (totally) weird.
I guess we have to learn to live with that. In my case, I knew it from the test drive and it was a conscious decision, but I was just wondering whether there was a work around on this.
Regarding the visors you are mentioning, the thing with them and me is that I find them unpractical when turning them sideways. In most cases the sun light is not covered plus when you are sitting too high (like you and me are used to) they are very close to your head...
Otherwise, they are perfect when they are used in the normal way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wouldn't the switch between the cabin lights control that? maybe i misunderstand

·
Registered
609 Posts
@lostchild
I don't want the lights to go off when I open the door. I want the lights to go off when immediately after I power off the car.
Ah I see. That was the exact same thing I want, but after searching thru manual and forum, I don't think that is possible. I left mine at OFF so I had to open door to turn off light. If you find out how, let me know!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thank you all for your replies and time.

Lights when powering off the vehicle:
@rdalemercer
Regarding the customizations proposed, the thing is that in my country (Greece) the option "Automatic light control system" -> "HEADLIGHT OFF TIME ADJUSTMENT", which seems to be the only relevant one to the this issue, is not offered in the list of available items to customize.
Open the second (2nd) link that I attached and go down to #15 - "Headlight Off Time Adjustment".

Your dealer will need to make that adjustment for you the next time to take it by for a visit.

Dale.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Open the second (2nd) link that I attached and go down to #15 - "Headlight Off Time Adjustment".

Your dealer will need to make that adjustment for you the next time to take it by for a visit.

Dale.
OP wanted the headlights to go off as soon as you power off the car. There is no option to do that. The only options are:

1) OFF: headlights go off when you open the door.
2,3,4) 30,60,90: headlights go off in 30, 60, 90 sec

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP wanted the headlights to go off as soon as you power off the car. There is no option to do that. The only options are:

1) OFF: headlights go off when you open the door.
2,3,4) 30,60,90: headlights go off in 30, 60, 90 sec
In the English manual that is offered with the Greek models, this option is not available...
Next and last thing to do is to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OP wanted the headlights to go off as soon as you power off the car.
Lostchild....actually - the OP wanted the lights to:

When powering off the vehicle with the lights at Auto function, lights are/stay switched on automatically until the driver's door opens
Yeah, I miss read that too.

Anyway, yanastas - I've read back through the manual and tried some different settings but I haven't found a way to do what you are looking for if your headlights (not DRL) are in the on/auto position.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have asked local dealer and told that in Greek version of the car this customization is not offered even to the dealer and can not be enabled either.
So I guess I am stick and have to live with it...
But I just wonder, how difficult would that be to enable it. Is it a matter of hardware or just version of software?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am 6'4" and have the seat all the way back and down, the only problem I get from the rearview is that it will block a street light. But I get the same problem from the roof as well so I tend to have to bend over to see lights if they are set too close to the intersection. As for the lights, no help from you there but I would be greatful if someone could tell me how to get the interior lights to come on when I open the damn door. Still have yet to find out how to set that. I have it set that way on my computer but they still will not turn on. I guess I will have to get it done when I hit 5k. I will be at 2k as of my trip home from work today. Its just that I leave for work at 430am and come home at 6pm so most of the time I am in the dark and cant see anything. Gotta figure this out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As for the lights, no help from you there but I would be greatful if someone could tell me how to get the interior lights to come on when I open the damn door. Still have yet to find out how to set that. I have it set that way on my computer but they still will not turn on.
Did you try the light switch at the overhead console? There are 3 positions: Off, On, and Door I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts