Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered this License plate LED (18SMD) light housing replacement got the 2012 CT200h. It looks like a direct replacement for $18.99 per set from Aliexpress. Note that the same one is selling for $35 at Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
hi, did it arrive yet? i was wondering if its difficult to remove the housing, since space is already pretty tight even with changing license plate bulbs

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I just changed those bulbs out... the way the module clips in, it looks like you might have to remove the exterior panel and remove the old housing from the outside.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeap! I installed it but it's a pain in the a##. The Lexus design didn't expect anyone to replace the license plate light housing. I got to remove the exterior trunk cover which is plastic! It took me about one hour because I was going very slow. There is a u-tube video that I can follow and it helps. The LED is VERY bright but the aftermarket connector socket is very very tight not as smooth as the OEM's socket, you need to push them pretty hard to fit. They do work though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeap! I installed it but it's a pain in the a##. The Lexus design didn't expect anyone to replace the license plate light housing. I got to remove the exterior trunk cover which is plastic! It took me about one hour because I was going very slow. There is a u-tube video that I can follow and it helps. The LED is VERY bright but the aftermarket connector socket is very very tight not as smooth as the OEM's socket, you need to push them pretty hard to fit. They do work though.

I am impressed with all the mods that you guys/girls are doing with CT.. I don't the the patience and or needs. Great work gang

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I was thinking more 'pics of the output'. The video doesn't really indicate how it actually looks.
It's a lot of work to swap the housings and if the output is even only marginally better than simply replacing the peanut bulbs, not sure it's worth the time.

·
Banned
325 Posts
So in this way Ali express is good for us.But i want to know why the Amazon rate is doubled than the Ali Express?? Is there any quality difference in it or any other issue ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts