Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I bought a 2014 Lexus CT200h yesterday. I got the F sport trim with all the available options. The thing I really wanted was leather seats rather than the NuLuxe and the dealership told me the CTs are now only being offered with NuLuxe.

Since this model prides itself of its ecological awareness and recyclability, it makes sense, however I want to confirm with y'all since the website (Lexus.com) still showing these options.

Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dealers will say and do anything to make a sale. If all they had was NuLuxe, then they would tell you that was all Lexus was selling. Maybe they meant that was all they had gotten recently, maybe they actually believed that what they said was true, or just maybe they were being "car guys".

I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if they cut out the leather option.

But look at the bright side...the NuLuxe seats are really quite nice. I think they are just as nice as my wife's leather on her 2014 GS and my dog absolutely loves them. He much prefers to sit on my backseat compared to hers. He mentioned it last night while we were watching 60 minutes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here in uk leather is definitely still am option and I'd say it would be in USA to. Standard cars get black or creme - the grey leather was dropped for 2014 - f sport gets rose - I think you've been spun a line

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's still an option according to Lexus' own website so I'd say that's pretty good confirmation your dealer lied to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's still an option but most dealers don't have CTs with that option.

Having said that, you could order a CT with that option(s) if you can wait for it to be built.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2014 CT200h F Sport and it came with black leather, so it's definitely still an option for 2014. I think the dealer lied to make a sale. Luckily, the car I purchased was fully loaded with all the options I wanted. My salesman was great. He even offered to ship a car from another of their dealerships in another color, if that's what I wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you can get the fsport. with leather but without the nav system crazy if u ask me. I wanted both. Ended up choosing nav.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah, this is a kind of silly thread. If you really want to know, just go to Lexus.com and click the "Build your Lexus" button. It lets you start clicking buttons and you will find that smarks is right. There are three distinct packages with the FSport and only one has the leather seats available. I would assume that there are many other permutations where you can also order leather seats because there is an option for black and some sort of tan color.

So, it is clear that the dealer either lied, or the OP was confused and was told that the particular combination he wanted did not permit leather seats as an option. The answer to the original question is YES, Lexus still makes leather seats as an option on many 2014 CT's, but whether you can get them or not depends on what options you select.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes leather is an option for the CT for 2014 and yes the dealer will say anything. I bought a bare bones base model CT as it is strictly used for sitting in traffic to and from work. The only options I wanted were HIDs and Homelink and the salesman assured me that my car has both...turns it has neither.

·
Registered
209 Posts
"Since this model prides itself of its ecological awareness and recyclability"

Surely leather is far more natural and ecologically aware than any plastic-derived imitation?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you refuse to take delivery until they gave you the options that they promised?
No...they were giving me about $2k more than my trade was worth and my navigation was broken and they offered to sell me the homelink rearview mirror and the LED headlights at cost but they were both ridiculously expensive even at cost. I went with aftermarket HIDs for $150 and bought the exact same homelink rearview mirror off Amazon for $300 and the dealer said cost was a grand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts