Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from the dealer for the complimentary 30 days/1,000-mile Inspection Service. While I was there I had them program the following for me (complimentary within 60 days of car ownership) :

* All doors lock automatically when reaching 13mph
* All windows roll down with the key fob unlock button
(hold down the key for 3 seconds)
* Continuous beeping turned off while on reverse
* Doors unlock when car is put in Park (Well the service rep asked and I said, "sure why not?")
* All doors open upon touching the drivers side door handle (This I did myself)
* All-new "Lexus Force Field" protection from door dings... Ok, just kidding on this last one. ;)

---

* Just one minor problem...
There is a glitch in my USB connection. It works fine playing music from my iPhone. But if I switch to playing music from USB to Bluetooth and then back to USB, no audio plays thru the speakers in the USB mode. Music thru Bluetooth works fine though. Right now, as long as I don't switch from USB to Bluetooth, the USB connection works fine. A software update is needed to fix the problem. The dealer should have a fix for me by next week.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Where did you get this done at? Couldn't you program most of these options via nav system too (except for the reverse beep, that is). I didn't know a 1k complimentary service was available. I thought it was 5k and 10k.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
A lot of people on this forum have been mentioning going in for 1K checkups

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wanna ask.. what you ask to perform for a 1k checkups usually?

·
Registered
9 Posts
1k service isn't required. it's mainly for cars that use non-synthetic oil (cars built in 2008 & older). you can read the Warranty & Services Guide for more info...but 5k is the real first scheduled service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@Matt and Darkride--- I got this done at Longo Lexus (El Monte, CA) where I got my CT. Longo throws in a "30 days or 1,000 miles service" on top of the 5k and 10k services. The "speed auto lock" and "all doors open" settings are ones you could program via DISP/Nav yourself, but the "all windows down using electronic key fob" and the "turn off reverse beeps" settings are programmed by the dealer only.

@JP_808 and xyip --- You are right. Quite honestly, the 1K service is not required but since this type of inspection service is provided for ALL new car purchases or leases thru this dealership, I took full advantage of it since it included the opportunity to program the "Lexus Personalized settings"- all at no cost to me! They provided a completed "vehicle inspection form" that checked off a variety of inspections including body/chassis, fluids, tire pressure, exhaust system, steering linkages, suspensions, brake lines and hoses, battery terminals, etc. But I basically looked at this INSPECTION service more as an opportunity to have them program the personalized settings I wanted done. After less than 2 hours and a car wash, I see why this dealership gets such high marks in customer satisfaction, service and volume sales.

So far, this 1st-time Lexus owner is a happy camper. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
good stuff Jon!!! i'll have Lexus of Valencia disable the reverse beeps as well...pretty annoying...i'll check the USB connection tomorrow afternoon...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
good stuff Jon!!! i'll have Lexus of Valencia disable the reverse beeps as well...pretty annoying...i'll check the USB connection tomorrow afternoon...
Anytime, D. Thanks in advance for checking on your USB connection. Appreciate it!
Oh and I knew it was your CT parked at that Korean BBQ place last night. Haha!

·
Registered
24 Posts
what are the odds, right???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the info! Really helps :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info! Really helps :D
You're welcome, xyip. Glad to share any info that might be of help for current and future CT owners. That's the reason why we're all on forums like this right? :cool:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had my 1000 mi service done Friday. I had no idea they did this comp service until my saleslady said "when you come back for your 1000 mi svc". They fixed a couple beeps for me too. I also paid to have them install new bulbs (low, high beams and fogs). Was hoping they would hook me up for free, since I supplied the bulbs, but they didn't. ($122) I wish I would have known about the bulbs when I was negotiating the deal. Hehe Oh well....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where did you get this done at? Couldn't you program most of these options via nav system too (except for the reverse beep, that is). I didn't know a 1k complimentary service was available. I thought it was 5k and 10k.

How do you program options "via nav system"?

I would like to program my fob so when i hold down the unlock button it'll open the hatch door. Is this possible? If so how do i do this without going to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I had my 1000 mi service done Friday. I had no idea they did this comp service until my saleslady said "when you come back for your 1000 mi svc". They fixed a couple beeps for me too. I also paid to have them install new bulbs (low, high beams and fogs). Was hoping they would hook me up for free, since I supplied the bulbs, but they didn't. ($122) I wish I would have known about the bulbs when I was negotiating the deal. Hehe Oh well....
Not really surprising, Lexus has great service but like other dealers you can always expect them to charge for labor costs on extra work.

·
Registered
255 Posts
How do you program options "via nav system"?

I would like to program my fob so when i hold down the unlock button it'll open the hatch door. Is this possible? If so how do i do this without going to the dealer?
Sorry not possible. Not a power lift hatch.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
When you walk near the rear-hatch does it automatically unlock? Or is there a button near the handle to unlock it (pending you have key in pocket)?

·
Registered
255 Posts
When you walk near the rear-hatch does it automatically unlock? Or is there a button near the handle to unlock it (pending you have key in pocket)?
There is a sensor on the latch release like the front door.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Thanks, I figured it was like the other vehicles in Lexus line up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts