Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am signing the paperwork on an L/Certified 2014 CT with 28K today. My warranty will take me to March 2020 but have option to purchase Lexus Extra Care to extend to 2023. The extra cost comes out to be $3600. Of course it's presented as 'only' $48 extra a month. My question is, am I better off shopping for Extra Care closer to when the warranty expires in 2020? Would I expect it to cost much more at that time? Btw, Im in CA. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went through a similar decision on my L/Certified 2015. I decided not to purchase the warranty for a couple reasons. First is the notorious dependability of the car, especially the drive train. Second is by 2020 (2019 for me), cars will probably be quite different than today and it is likely I will want to update even if my CT is still in good shape.

I owned an generation 1 Prius and drove it for 13 years with absolutely no mechanical problems, then sold it for a great price mainly to take advantage of newer electronics like navigation, bluetooth, etc.

Your situation may be different if driving excessive miles, or you plan on this being your last car, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently in the market for an L/Certified CT, probably going to pick one up within a week. Question for you guys, if you don't mind me asking...how much did u end up paying for the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The price is going to vary depending on your market area and demand. For a 1 year old with 17k miles that the dealer used as a loaner, I paid about $11k less than a new model with the same options.

I normally wouldn't buy a loaner car, but I figured there isn't much a person could do to this car that couldn't be seen visually. It isn't a car that someone would drag race or over-rev and the warranty was great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts