Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the letter about a month ago...got the phone call from them today. Am I correct...Safety Connect by itself is $139 and Enform is $264...both prices for one year subscription? And, does the Enform at $264 include the Safety Connect? And, anybody know if they discount these things like XM or Sirius Radio does if you tell them you are not renewing? I asked for a discount on the program and all she could tell me on the phone was there is a 5% discount if you sign up for 2 years of service.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't know about safety connect or enform, but the satellite radio is highly negotiable. I don't know precisely what the amount is now, but if you go to the Prius Chat forums, there is always a thread going on it. If not, google XM renewal (since that is what we have and they are not interchangeable). There are lots of sites that discuss various "deals". I got a year for $77, but that was some time ago. I just don't like fooling with them, they are impossible to get ahold of, and my time has some value, but lots of people have renewed for $30 for 6 months. I ended up paying for a year for $77 (plus ridiculous fees that makes it more like $85).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think enform is fantastic and I'll renew right away. You can renew XM for $77/yr if you press the agents. XM weather and sports are worthless.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't feel Enform is worth the $264 a year price tag. Way too much money for what it provides. But that's just my feeling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It should be free that I can send addresses to my car. The price tag is extraordinary. It bugs me I can't tether with my phone to get internet data in the car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Safety connect might be worth it if you think your car could be stolen.
But the enform on the 2011 does not do anything worth money. All I saw it does is download some points of interest for the map and allow you to call someone to google for you. I just dont see how its worth the money.
HEre is a FAQ on the older enform. http://www.lexus.com/pdf/Enform/Enform_FAQ.pdf
Here is video on enform destination assist:
The Enform prices does include the safety connnect.

Also Never pay full price for XM. If you call XM, always go straight to "cancelations" even if you never had service before and ask to get the $77 a year price for XM radio. They will just give it to you. I have done this for 5 years straight. Also make sure to say you want the online access included in that price or they wont give it to you and they will try to make you pay extra for it.
Now I dont know what XM Weather or Traffic costs as those are not included in the $77 price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.