Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from the salesman I dealt with and purchased my car with. He called me to invite me to a dealership event. Every 2 months or so, the dealership has a Meet-n-Greet type event for new car owners and it's held after work for 1 or 2 hours. They have food, drink (guessing it would be non-alcoholic), etc. and they tell you about other goods, services, etc. and some of their service staff are there. You can ask questions about your car, get settings adjusted and share your experiences with other owners. I might just go to this, seems kind of neat. I'm also curious as to how many other CT owners there would be there, which I'm guessing would only be a select handful, if that. They also have free give-aways and prizes and they'll wash your car for you while you're there too! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
That sounds great I wish mine did that
(mind you I have only been a Lexus owner for a week now may be they do !)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had mine for 1.5 weeks! ;)

Yeah, others on here have received really nice gifts from the dealer (which I found hard to believe). I wasn't able to get any type of deal, even on accessories, so I need to take advantage of this stuff and maybe I can walk away with a free detailing package or something!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Worth a try :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
For previous Lexus owners, my dealer has sent invitations for whenever new vehicles are being shown, new Scion dealership opening next door, and when they updated the Lexus showroom. But nothing about any meet-n-greets, that's a nice idea. I guess you can always schedule some meet-n-greets with some of the forum members if there are enough in your area :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
... They also have free give-aways and prizes and they'll wash your car for you while you're there too! :D
I was under the impression that most if not all Lexus dealers offer a free car wash for their customers regardless of the model simply by dropping in and asking for one. I know that's the case at my dealer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was under the impression that most if not all Lexus dealers offer a free car wash for their customers regardless of the model simply by dropping in and asking for one. I know that's the case at my dealer.
I'm not sure that the car wash you get when you take your Lexus in for a service can be strictly classed as "free".

Yes, your car is washed, and they've always given me a loner car when I dropped my car off for service, but this level of service comes at a premium price.

You pay more, but you get more.

·
Registered
180 Posts
For previous Lexus owners, my dealer has sent invitations for whenever new vehicles are being shown, new Scion dealership opening next door, and when they updated the Lexus showroom. But nothing about any meet-n-greets, that's a nice idea. I guess you can always schedule some meet-n-greets with some of the forum members if there are enough in your area :)
I haven't owned a Lexus since the mid 90s, but back then the west-end Ottawa dealer held periodic meet-n-greet events. I seem to recall going to one event like that. I hope they're still doing that when I get my CT. :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I haven't owned a Lexus since the mid 90s, but back then the west-end Ottawa dealer held periodic meet-n-greet events. I seem to recall going to one event like that. I hope they're still doing that when I get my CT. :)
Tony Graham might do that, wonder if they do that at Bel-air. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
wow, that's a great thing they got going. i only receive letters from the salesman asking me to refer new business to him. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hell, I don't even get that. IRA (NH/MA based Lexus dealer) has really been letting me down :(. I called and left a message with the manager today and got no response what so ever. Last time I spoke to a salesman there he said they're slow and don't have much going....Sounds like he may simply be avoiding me.

Going on 13 weeks wait btw LOL

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You dealing with Ira Danvers? I almost placed my order with them, but then went with Northbourgh Lexus down the road from my office.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ok, anyone in Ontario want to get a CT meet together? Maybe have one of the Lexus dealers sponsor it? A Saturday afternoon Bar-B-Q? How about in Richmond Hill or Barrie? I could ask my dealer?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I received a bulk type mail from the Lexus manager for this new owners' event (my direct salesperson seems pretty much done with me).
I went, and sorry...wasn't too impressed. It was a lot of "welcome to the Lexus family" and "thank you" speeches, but mostly concentrated on convincing customers to always/only receive service at the Service Center. We were being bribed with coffee, soda, candy and doughnuts, which is standard, anyway. I got my LPS settings customized. I did not like the complimentary car wash, though, because all they basically did was spray it down with water and didn't dry it off. I made a comment about that, and the person who handed me the keys attitude was like "hey, don't look at me...I'm just the driver who brought you the car".

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was also told this when I bought my car. Supposedly it's any dealer, regardless of where you bought your car. I tested it last week, and sure enough I got a really thorough (outside wash, vacuum inside, armor all on tires, etc.) wash for free at a dealership where I didn't buy my car. At the shopping mall nearby there's also free valet parking for any Lexus, courtesy of the same dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The event was last night, kind of glad I went. I got to meet other new Lexus owners and also the owner of the dealership. I was the youngest owner there (I'm 35 yrs. old) and felt a bit out of place....but oh well, there was free food and give-aways.

My car was washed and vacuumed during the event and they introduced us to the staff and bragged about why they have received so many awards. They truly are all about customer service here and go the extra mile for their customers. There was a free raffle and they gave away 3 gift certificates to a local high-end italian restaurant (no I didn't get one :().

I did however walk away with some US Open golf balls, 2 US Open/Lexus Golf Bag towels, a $25 gift card to the dealership (can be used for accessories or service) and a hard case containing a pen, black mag-light and a tire pressure gauge. Better than nothing I suppose!

Also, I was questioned by their marketing person, how I like the CT, etc. and gave her all great and honest feedback. I later then was asked for a photo with my salesman for one of their online marketing campaigns for the CT, as I'm apparently one of only 2 or 3 other people who took delivery of the CT at their dealership (but the only one who showed to this). It might be on Facebook or others, they might be emailing me some info. on it...kind of cool I guess!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Well, Longo Lexus over here, one of the largest dealerships in the West Coast and up there in the US, does an owner appreciation event too. They do a full on dinner and raffles and stuff. Makes me kinda wish I got my CT there, but I got an excellent deal on mine from a smaller, more family-oriented dealership. I think Penske owns the Longo Lexus dealership here in CA.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I heard some people walked away with some great prizes during one of their trivia games during the event.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts