Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After picking up my 2nd CT200h this weekend, my dealer and I was chatting about this car and he mentioned about the future models CT300h where it will have more power and some new features. What would you guys like to see from the future models? More HP, better gas mileage, new design?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I stumbled on a very old article on the web (can't remember, but dated like mid 2009), but it was back when the CT was still a concept (and very ugly-looking in the pic) and did not expected to ever release in the US. They were talking about having a model line of CT200h, CT300h and CT400h. I think it was about being mid to full sized series.

Anyway, (off the top of my head) if it were to be redesigned, I'd like to see it have a 'face' like the LF-Gh! I wish there was a kit out to make that look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love to see them use lithium batteries in the new ct's. Can pull off some increased hp as well as a little better mpg. The very low horse power is the main reason for not purchasing one yet. I love everything about this car except for that. I don't need 350hp but it would be nice to see maybe 170-180? At least enough to take advantage of that great suspension system! Any news on what the 2012 are going to offer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I find out tomorrow if mine is totalled or not...
How did you find another one so quickly? Does it have nav?

My dealer tol;d me 4 months if I need a new one, and the autobody shop said parts could be that long too!

After picking up my 2nd CT200h this weekend, my dealer and I was chatting about this car and he mentioned about the future models CT300h where it will have more power and some new features. What would you guys like to see from the future models? More HP, better gas mileage, new design?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some things I would like to see in the CT300h, besides more hp, better battery, and better mileage:

- option to have some of the dash information projected onto the windshield, I think some top of the line lexus models' option have this. I find myself looking down at the real time fuel consumption meter and the Power/Eco/Charge meter too much for my own good, while driving.

- use a shift lever instead of the turning knob for the different driving modes. I frequently switch between Normal and Sport while driving, so it would be nice if I can just grab a protruding lever to do that, which I think is more convenient than a knob that I have to twist and turn.

- Increase the speed limit of the EV mode. The current low speed limit is just too impractical. Just have the computer force out of the EV mode if the battery is getting too low.

The following are regarding the Nav package:

- Some sort of padding/cushioning for the right palm to rest on when manuvering the mouse on the nav. I find myself resting my right hand on the mouse too much, and sometimes it strains the base of my palm.

- Take out the right side "Enter" button on the mouse and replace it with a "Back" button. Also a few programmable buttons on the mouse that we can program shortcuts to. For example I always go to the Fuel Consumption page and Audio page back to back, it'd be nice if I don't have to click through so many menus to do that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find out tomorrow if mine is totalled or not...
How did you find another one so quickly? Does it have nav?

My dealer tol;d me 4 months if I need a new one, and the autobody shop said parts could be that long too!
Surprisingly there are CT200h in stock around New York City and New Jersey. I called all the Lexus dealers within a 30 mile radius and some dealers had two in stock, but not the color combination I wanted. They are limited in stock but if you look around I'm sure you'll find one. I was lucky that my dealer had two CT200h, one was for test driving only and an Obsidian black one which I own now.

No navigation, according to my dealer associate, the navigation company in Japan has gone out of business due to the Tsunami. So new CT200h cars are being built without the navigation for now. I am not sure if this is true or not but this doesn't concern me because I didn't want the navigation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
^ haha love that commercial. it's so true though...you'll be waiting all your life if you want the latest and greatest all the time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My Suggestions

1. Plug in Hybrid that gives up to 30miles on battery.

2. Add a hard drive 40GB to put all your music on. 6 CD changer is a bit old school now.

3. Power up and down lift gate.

4. Power adjustable passenger seat

5. Heat or cooled center beverage holders

6. Most important the colors! How about some blue or green metallic colors. Colors are boring except for the red. I find the yellow too bright for me. Colors are too ordinary

·
Registered
200 Posts
Surprisingly there are CT200h in stock around New York City and New Jersey. I called all the Lexus dealers within a 30 mile radius and some dealers had two in stock, but not the color combination I wanted. They are limited in stock but if you look around I'm sure you'll find one. I was lucky that my dealer had two CT200h, one was for test driving only and an Obsidian black one which I own now.

No navigation, according to my dealer associate, the navigation company in Japan has gone out of business due to the Tsunami. So new CT200h cars are being built without the navigation for now. I am not sure if this is true or not but this doesn't concern me because I didn't want the navigation.

If the Navigation company when out of business Lexus will need a new supplier. The same Navigation system is common on other models as is the whole joystick entering system. This would not only affect the CT200h but other models as well. Nearly every other model of Lexus has Navigation as standard I believe. Only on the CT200h was it an option to keep the overall cost down on the car as a base model.
Navigation is big seller in their SUV line. I don't think they can go without it for long.
I think the dealer is lying because even before the Tsunami I heard after the initial round of CT200h cars with Navigation the next runs would be without and then later in the year they would start again with Navigation. Of course this could all be pushed back with the events in Japan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts