Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow that's sweet. I wonder how that integrates with voice command and the other features. I was originally thinking about going this route, but after finding no mounting kits and the such, decided to give in and get the premium with upgraded audio and be satisfied with that. It'll be my first car without aftermarket audio...but also my first luxury car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed the Kenwood dx6980n package with the CMOS200 back-up camera. The GPS is not too low and the big picture makes a difference. Anyhow, one doesn't look at the screen that often, one listens to the directions which are clear and precise on the Garmin GPS on the Kenwood. Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio Electronics Car Vehicle Center console Luxury vehicle Electronics Car Vehicle Vehicle audio Electronics Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Do your steering controls still work? How about voice commands? I've seen a few of these custom stereo replacements. They come out pretty good but you do have some negative side effects.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Standard Car Audio in the market doesn't fit as nice on the CT200h, I checked around before and I can't find one that fit nicely and doesn't need to trim off the edge of the panel.... I wish they have some other brand that fit perfectly for the CT200h audio chassis .

Reactions: mpage30189

·
Registered
692 Posts
Oh man. Well at least it seems to fit. Can't say whether it would work in US cars or not, probably not. Big question is why would you bother with the mouse when you could just reach over and touch the screen? And since I can't read a single word on that page, there are SO MANY other questions such as does this keep all the steering wheel functions, does this properly integrate the XM radio, USB, AUX in, etc, etc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can't say whether it would work in US cars or not, probably not. Big question is why would you bother with the mouse when you could just reach over and touch the screen? And since I can't read a single word on that page, there are SO MANY other questions such as does this keep all the steering wheel functions, does this properly integrate the XM radio, USB, AUX in, etc, etc.
The first problem is that this device can only be found on china market :(
I'm absolutley shure about wheel functions will work OK, and USB-AUX too (this picture shows it http://bbs.yscaraudio.com:8181/attachment/Fid_131/131_83926_db281be4ea5496b.jpg?89).

Also there is a question about NAVi - which maps and map updates? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had spoke to the audio manufacturer awhile ago (there are about 3-4 brands) that are special design for CT200h (aftermarket of course),
it is touch screen with different languages, and they can load any map, however like they said it never
tested in US/Canada Market or other countries, many connectors , plugs are completely different. So as they arrived it didn't work and lots of trouble returning it.
they are all cost approx. $600.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You are rolling the dice when you buy radios like that from China. The sad part is that there will probably never be a dash kit manufactured for our cars to fit a Double DIN radio, so it's custom all the way.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do you have a link from where you bought it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Standard Car Audio in the market doesn't fit as nice on the CT200h, I checked around before and I can't find one that fit nicely and doesn't need to trim off the edge of the panel.... I wish they have some other brand that fit perfectly for the CT200h audio chassis .
I agree. It takes the luxury out of the car when it looks like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts