Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Hi there i am looking for a remote starter for a lexus ct 200 fsport.

I hav found lots online but dont know what one is the best.

Has anyone installed one for my model of car?
I installed the Drone Mobile remote start. You don't have to get one with cellular capabilities, but any remote start will work. One of my favorite companies is called CompuStar. If you are in the US, they have them at BestBuy with installation around $200-$350. They work wonderfully (and with your keyfob if you don't want to use their remote).

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
134 Posts
I installed a Directed DB3 module with T-harness. Directed is what most "pre" built kits use...IE: 12v solutions and various others...etc.

It's very easy to do remote start on our cars. I tapped 3 wires from the DB3 module into the T harness and then it plugs directly into the BMC. Zero soldering/cutting of the stock wiring. Took MAYBE an hour.. I got my Lexus T-harness from Home - T- Harness Guy (tharnessguy.com) Note I am NOT affliated at all with this site/person. But I did communicate with him on FB and he made the T-harness for me for the BCM.

Best of all it's cheap if you DIY.
Directed DB3 module: $70.
T-Harness: $30
Total Cost= $100. You save $100+ or more depending on which kit you'd buy from some place else...etc.

Don't let the bundle of wires throw you off. The top harness is what plugs into the OBDII port, that then goes into the DB3 module.
The second set of wires below that, only 3 are used. See second picture for what it goes to. (NOT) pictured in my first pictures is the T-harness I bought so that I
Electrical wiring Technology Gas Cable Electronic device

3 wires to tap into the BCM harness. If you use the T-harness you connect the wires into that. Then it's just plug and play. If not you COULD use t-taps and do the BCM harness but I prefer to not tap into oem wiring if I don't have to.
Product Handwriting Font Material property Parallel

*T-Harness so that way you don't have to cut/solder ANY wires onto the OEM harness. A plug and play, completely reversible mod when it comes time to sell.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Brand Multimedia

That's it.
Super easy mod to do! Uses the OEM keyfobs and just like OEM. Three presses of the lock button will start the car.

-Nigel

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
134 Posts
Will this work with a uk model lexus as i messaged about the plug n play kits and they said they dont work with uk model.
That I do not know unfortunately. Someone might be able to chime in. I don't know in terms of EU rules and what not. Do ya'll have remote start there on other vehicles? I know certain regions and country get/not get things because of governing bodies so in theory you'd think it should work but it could be something that is coded into the car to not make it work. I would assume that it would work though.

-Nigel

· Registered
44 Posts
Wondering: I'm using my OBD-II port for a Scanguage-II, which I like to run all the time. I have a CT200h (Lexus) but would really like to have remote start and wondering if this can be wired in without using an OBD-II plug-in? I'm pretty good with following wires and being able to run/connect what needs to go where. Thanks for any info anyone here has.

· Registered
47 Posts
I installed a Directed DB3 module with T-harness. Directed is what most "pre" built kits use...IE: 12v solutions and various others...etc.

It's very easy to do remote start on our cars. I tapped 3 wires from the DB3 module into the T harness and then it plugs directly into the BMC. Zero soldering/cutting of the stock wiring. Took MAYBE an hour.. I got my Lexus T-harness from Home - T- Harness Guy (tharnessguy.com) Note I am NOT affliated at all with this site/person. But I did communicate with him on FB and he made the T-harness for me for the BCM.

Total Cost= $100. You save $100+ or more depending on which kit you'd buy from some place else...etc.

Don't let the bundle of wires throw you off. The top harness is what plugs into the OBDII port, that then goes into the DB3 module.
The second set of wires below that, only 3 are used. See second picture for what it goes to. (NOT) pictured in my first pictures is the T-harness I bought so that I
View attachment 61882

3 wires to tap into the BCM harness. If you use the T-harness you connect the wires into that. Then it's just plug and play. If not you COULD use t-taps and do the BCM harness but I prefer to not tap into oem wiring if I don't have to.
View attachment 61885

*T-Harness so that way you don't have to cut/solder ANY wires onto the OEM harness. A plug and play, completely reversible mod when it comes time to sell.
View attachment 61884

That's it.
Super easy mod to do! Uses the OEM keyfobs and just like OEM. Three presses of the lock button will start the car.

-Nigel

Not sure if it was the same when you purchased items but it says minimum of two items per order. Did you have an issue ordering just one?

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
134 Posts
Not sure if it was the same when you purchased items but it says minimum of two items per order. Did you have an issue ordering just one?
Not seeing where it says you need to order two? Are you talking about the T-harness? I was able to purchase just one T-harness, no issues with ordering or receiving the single item.

-Nigel

· Registered
47 Posts

View attachment 61882

View attachment 61885

View attachment 61884

That's it.

-Nigel
Does the start have a timer or will the car stay on

· Registered
47 Posts

View attachment 61882

View attachment 61885

View attachment 61884

That's it.

-Nigel
How long did the shipping take for the t harness? I just ordered mine

· Registered
47 Posts
Not seeing where it says you need to order two? Are you talking about the T-harness? I was able to purchase just one T-harness, no issues with ordering or receiving the single item.

-Nigel
Just got this email today:

You placed an order for a harness. We require a minimum order of 2 units as we offer free shipping on all orders. This is clearly spelled out on our website. If you don’t order another harness we will have to cancel your order. Please let me know if you have any other questions. --
Chris Jones

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
134 Posts
Shipping only took about a week or so. It was pretty quick. Sucks that you have to order two now. When I ordered mine months ago one was fine. I guess with the cost of shipping going up it's not worth it to ship free on a $15 item..etc. Always buy two and then sell it to someone or buy another db3 box and make it plug and play for someone else and charge a little more? If other manufacturers charge $300 for the same thing, if you charged less you still are better off..

All in I was about $100 and about an hour of my time with the wiring/install. Super easy to do, and all plug and play.

-Nigel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts