Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New member here. I have a 2012 CT200h F Sport.
I have been tracked down multiple times by the dealership and Lexus corporate to schedule an inspection with my local Lexus dealership. Thing is, I live almost 2hours away from the closest dealership.
Lexus Corporate wants to send an ENGINEER to MY HOUSE personally to inspect a "noise in the rear of the car".
Has anyone heard of this or what they may be looking for? I’m concerned because their ACTIVELY seeking me out and are telling me they don’t know exactly what their looking for.

·
Registered
609 Posts
That sounds really strange. Did you report to them there is a "noise in the rear of the car"? Did you just buy your CT? Have you took it to the dealer for any service? Maybe they found out there is something not right when you took delivery of the car and now they want to fix it without tell you. Or maybe somebody hided something (drug? money? contraband?) in the car and they accidentally sold it to you before they could recover it. I think I saw that in the movie one time! :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't imagine why anyone from Lexus USA Torrance (outside of dealer) would seek an owner in this fashion. I'd speak to your service rep at the dealer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
you must have complained that you've heard a "noise from the rear". they wouldn't know you had this unless you told the dealer this.

If you didn't tell your dealer this; then your dealer may have you as a customer, mixed up with another customer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I've had the same phone call. I too have a 2012 F-Sport. I scheduled my 10k service as well as the inspection together. Lexus promised a $50 gift card in the mail. (I've yet to recieve it)
I was having an alignment issue with mine as well as a clonking sound when reversing. The rep/engineer showed up they did a complete inspection 4 wheel alignment , problem solved. Said the toe was out and a rear spring wasnt properly seated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I received the same call tonight and I have a 2012 F-Sport too. They said the inspection would take an hour and I would receive a $100 gift card for my trouble. It sounded like a quality control inspection for suspension. I don't think I have any issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the inspection done and esscentially the springs settled faster than expected. The engineer stated that Lexus Corporate is going to replace my springs. In the meantime they are on stop order and are not currently producing as they are "not up to Lexus" standard.

And for those interested, I did not recieve the gift card either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All I know is that's pretty awesome customer service right there. This is the 11th new car I've owned over the years (yep, I'm old - 51) and I've NEVER heard of/had this kind of service before. Then again, the next nicest vehicle I've ever owned is an Infinity G35.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is "typical" Lexus service when they screw up. They started in 1989 (or 1990, I forget which) with a recall of every single LS 400 (some 8000 cars) for faulty cruise controls, if I remember correctly. They picked them up from the cutomers (no need to bring it to a dealer), fixed the problem and returned the cars with a full tank of gas as well as a "I'm sorry" gift (no idea what that was).

Now, is this necessary? Probably not, but they want to impress you with their commitment to service so there you go. I've been begging them to prove their service commitment by providing all scheduled maintenance for the warranty period like BMW does (and others) and even Toyota is doing it for the first 20k miles, now. But not Lexus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts