Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New here. I’m about to purchase a CT. I’ve found great deals on CTs that aren’t L/certified at Lexus dealerships. Is that a red flag or is that just a way for the consumer to get a better deal on the car? I would love to pay 16k (40k miles) without certification instead of 20k with. I know CTs and Lexus in general are reliable cars, but I also don’t want to be paying for repairs in a few months. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought mine (2014 in 2015 for $19k with 19k miles) from a used car shop that bought it off a Hertz Rental Auction. Everyone said big mistake. Have put 80k on it without a hitch. It would be a rare day that I would actually buy it from the dealer, always a mark up. You can do a lot of repairs for $2-4,000 dollars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lexus told me any Lexus can be certified, it just raises the price and extends the warranty, so they only tend to do it on clean, low mileage cars, but will certify any Lexus for a price.
All that aside, I would avoid buying a CT. It's been the worst Lexus we've owned by a large margin, and we've owned six other models at various times, just in our immediate family. It's not just our CT that is problematic, take a look at these forums.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. New here. I’m about to purchase a CT. I’ve found great deals on CTs that aren’t L/certified at Lexus dealerships. Is that a red flag or is that just a way for the consumer to get a better deal on the car? I would love to pay 16k (40k miles) without certification instead of 20k with. I know CTs and Lexus in general are reliable cars, but I also don’t want to be paying for repairs in a few months. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated.
Not worth it, just get a very clean car, accident free, and lower miles if possible. Nothing usually goes wrong with these cars unless they have been in accidents or treated poorly by owners. I brought my as CPO and not once used the warranty, I also paid a premium for it. I have so far put 90k or so miles on the car and I have never had an issue, but I do treat the car extremely well, probably better than 90% of owners out there.

You can get smoking deals buying directly from owners, banks will finance you if needed, when buying from a private party. I do recommend 2014 or newer. Lexus aren't generally reliable, they are the most reliable cars out there, I have owned almost every Japanese and German brand, Lexus is by miles the most reliable car, however some will disagree of course. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Major online used car retailer provides a 7 day money back test period and a 4000 limited warranty and has good prices on used CTs.

Might be worth checking out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts