Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wonder if you can have specialty plates with personalized. I have the bluebonnet plate from TX and it has fewer characters than the norm because of the design. The bluebonnets have helped me find my car in a sea of RXs, all the same color. I'd hate to give up my flowers. ;):D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm still thinking...In FL, I can get SIPZ GAS...but the other variants are taken already. Also, since it's a Lexus, thinking about LEX TRIC...anyone like this one?
I like it

·
Registered
209 Posts
A foreigner writes:
UK plates are 2 letters, then 2 digits (usually indicating year of registration, and if its in the first or second half of the year), then 3 letters. My initials are simply JL (no middle name), my wife's are JML.

I have JL11JML

:)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
MPG HOG
GASUCKS
Hi BRAD
CT XX

... LOL can't beat the previous "KICKGAS"

ARRRG - One dealer just called the have red/black nuluxe in and available !

·
Registered
96 Posts
Came up with a few possibilities, since seeing this thread I seriously want personalized plates lol. Luckily we're allowed up to 8 characters

GUZZLER (not available) - thought this would have been funny :D

H8PETROL
GAS SUX
I H8 GAS
and last but not least, FUQGAS

·
Registered
237 Posts
No chance this would get by the Ontario DOT vanity plate censors. :D
Haha, I like that one, it wouldn't make it past the censors here either.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
IPASGAS
GASPASR
PHAT CT
4 2 B C

B4GAS

REGEN

2GAS4U

2FAR2GO

LONGRNG

GASBAT

PLUGMEN

HIMPG4U

MILE2GO

RUNONMT RN ON MT

MT TANK

ISAGAS

BYE GAS

DBL MPG

Hi BREED Hi BRED

GRN PWR

GR8ONGAS

KIKNGAS

NO2GAS

WHY GAS

DUALPWR

GRNMCHN

·
Registered
180 Posts
haha I am considering "FKOPEC" - saw this one one on clublexus and almost died laughing.

haha also just found "PUCK OFEC" but would be "PUCKOFEC" since there's no room for the space.
Here are the Ontario governement rules outlining what they will not allow on personalized plates. Read 'em and weep ... :(

Your application will not be accepted if the combination of letters/numbers you selected has already been issued. In addition, requests will not be approved if they are determined to be objectionable under the following criteria:

• Sexual
    • Sexual messaging or meaning.
  • Abusive, Obscene Language and Derogatory Slang
    • Abusive, vulgar, derogatory, obscene or profane language;
    • Known offensive slang in any language, text-messaging language etc.
  • Religion
    • Religious meaning or messaging.
    • Only the use of religious titles that are considered formal designations of persons within the religion are permitted.
  • Drugs/Alcohol
    • Reference to the use of or sale of legal or illegal drugs;
    • Effects of drugs or alcohol;
    • Alcohol-related words, including brands.
  • Political Figures, Dignitaries/Law Enforcement Officials
    • Political opinion, slurs, affiliation or organizations are prohibited except non-profit advocacy groups/trade organizations;
    • Negative or derogatory message or meaning with respect to government;
    • Falsely suggesting association with a public institution and/or law enforcement;
    • Reference to well-known figures or names;
    • Badge numbers of police officers.
  • Violence/Criminal Activity
    • Messages or meanings that could be associated with violence, as well as promoting discrimination or bias against individuals;
    • Illegal or criminal activity of any kind.
  • Human Rights Discrimination
    • Messages that express contempt, ridicule or superiority of race, religion, ethnic origin, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical characteristics, disability or political affiliation.
  • Clarity and Readability for Law Enforcement Officials
    • Plate selections that are deemed to lack clarity or would be difficult to read. This also includes combinations with:
      • No more than 4 identical characters in sequence;
      • Interchangeable letters/numbers are not allowed (i.e. S/5, A/4, G/6, Q/O);
        • For example, if a plate has been issued with an “S” in its combination and an identical plate request is submitted substituting the “S” with a “5”, that plate will not be approved.
  • Graphic + Characters
    • Any combination of graphics and characters that together could be determined to be objectionable under the above criteria or violate the contract with a Graphic Partner.
  • Intellectual Property (such as trademarks)
    • Infringement of intellectual property rights such as trademarks;
      • The characters on a plate must not infringe on any third party intellectual property rights such as trademarks. It is your responsibility to check that the characters on the plate do not infringe upon any intellectual property rights.

·
Registered
96 Posts
" if they are determined to be objectionable "

fortunately the meaning can be subjective, so if it's not tooo obvious, then it may fly. here's to hoping.

I'm not sure how they do peform "screenings" ... but take FKOPEC out of the hybrid context and it's near impossible to determine it's meaning.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
" if they are determined to be objectionable "

fortunately the meaning can be subjective, so if it's not tooo obvious, then it may fly. here's to hoping.

I'm not sure how they do peform "screenings" ... but take FKOPEC out of the hybrid context and it's near impossible to determine it's meaning.
Good point there. That's awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
how bout LEXGAS... cuz its a lexus.. and it uses less gas.... ha ha.. no?
Sorry, not feeling that one, but it's your car, so get what you like.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I ended up going simple with CT200H.
Nice one Bill

Earlier I checked and that was still available in Texas along with KCKGAS .Texas only allows 6 character vanity plates.

I backed out and decided just to go with a regular plate :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice one Bill

Earlier I checked and that was still available in Texas along with KCKGAS .Texas only allows 6 character vanity plates.

I backed out and decided just to go with a regular plate :rolleyes:
The down side is that, last year, New York State changed their license plate colors from White/Blue to School Bus Orange/Black. They're horrible looking. However, they didn't change the "picture plates". So, in order to get the old color plate, I had to get a specialized "picture plate".

I went with the NY Jets plate. Hopefully, the CT won't let me down the way that the Jets have continuously done so since I was a little kid.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.