Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my CT premium with Nav in Starfire last week. I finally got to drive it all weekend and put her through some miles and I have to say, I REALLY LOVE this small car!!! This car pretty much has everything I wanted - Style, good mpg, and sportiness. I was quite impressed with how it handled its own in some corners through the mountain roads - i can imagine how better it'd be if I had gotten the F-sport instead lol. Long distance driving was comfortable too. I put over 300 miles in just two days and my back and *** was fine lol. I'm just under 6' so the comfort was important since I'll be putting some miles on her regularly. On my first tank doing mostly highway, I averaged 44mpg (hard calculations). The car indicated I was averaging 44.8mpg so it was pretty close. I gather the mpg would increase as it breaks in more. So much better than my 335i or Ridgeline lol.

All weekend, I was thinking of all the mods I want to do:

1. Tint
2. Coils
3. Lightweight rims - Really like Advan's or authentic BBS LM's.
4. Lighting - get rid of bulbs and replace with LED's. (I wish there was a quick guide on here that shows all the different bulb sizes lol)
5. Need a good bike rack system for my road/mtn bike. I wish there was something from Lexus. I feel uneasy about those systems from Yak and Thule that touches the body of the car.

I don't know what else to do to it after that lol. Seems like theres really not much else to do. Car is alreay perfect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the options guys. I think I'll probably just end up getting the Thule or Yak set up. I like the convenience of opening the rear door anytime I need to. I think I'll just line the body with felt or something to protect the paint from the parts that touch the body. Sucks it has to be done that way. The weather is starting to cool down again..it'd be real nice to go out riding again!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recently just got my CT a few weeks ago F-sport in Tungsten Pearl, right away I put in an HID kit for the lows/fog 6000k, and that makes a huge diff in appearance of the car. Next, I installed all new Interior LED's which I bought off LuxuryMods.com it came as a kit and very high quality. Last, I bought a Injen Intake and made my MPG go just by about 1.5, thats only till half of a full tank but its going up a little bit of time. Msg me if you have any questions about anything :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have installed 6000k hids and 3500k on the fogs....and I have the thule aeroblade set up for my bike racks and will be receiving my injen intake by friday in the mail :)...
Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
your engine sure does "roar" with the Injen Intake lol, mine sure sounds beefier

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks John and Fslakers. Good to compile some vendors that sell CT aftermarket parts lol. it seems like there isn't much vendors for the CT yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you get springs or coil over? If so I really would love a pic :)
yeah, would like to know that as well. Doing a little research, it looks like there are some options in the coils dept - Tanabe's, Teins, and BC. I've never used either in my past cars, mainly used KW's. But KW's are exp! lol. I think I'd probably go with either of the other 3.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Tanabe springs. They match the OEM dampening well. If you search on this forum, another member posted a bunch of before and after pics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First mod going to be done this weekend - tint! lol. Looking for my suspension now. Has anyone done their own suspension work on their CT? Is it pretty straightforward? I've done a few in my time and I'm hoping it's not anything different. Is there anything I should be aware of? My buddy who has a Honda Fit had issues with his front suspension when he changed the springs. Apparently, if you're not careful, the axle will come loose or out of the transmission housing -- yikes. It was a pain to get back in. I'm hoping the CT doesn't have weird quirks like that. Other than that, I'm pretty familiar with using spring compressors and changing out suspensions. I will do a DIY on the suspension with lots of pics once I find the one I want to use lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do all of my own work. The spring install was simple. Of course I own air tools and a spring compressor. Also my car only had 200 miles on it at the time, so no dirt or rust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All I did was add an autodimming mirror ($75 on ebay), protective body side moldings, woodgrain dash kit (gorgeous) & a rear bumper protector from Sewell. It looks great to those who have seen it. I am always looking for another mod idea. Also, I have a black leather shift knob on order

1 - 17 of 17 Posts