Lexus CT200h Forums banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I swapped out all my speakers with Infinity Reference coaxial and triaxial. Basically what leonar40 did. (Thank you for all your work!) I would like to add an amp, but I’m worried about blowing the 3.5” dash speakers. They are rated at 25rms, 6x9 are 100rms, and 6.5 are 60rms. I currently have a 10w0v2 hooked up to a jx250/1 amp. I’m using an Lc7i LOC because I already had it from my RX7. I’m pretty happy with everything as is, but I really want to utilize the speakers to their potential. Here is what I was thinking:

1) install an Alpine power pack and be done with it, only pushing 45rms to 4 channels.

2) run everything to the Lc7i, bypass the filters in the dash and run a new line to the dash speakers by taping the 6x9 line pre loc. Then adding a jx400/4 amp to the 6x9 and 6.5

3) run everything to the loc, connect the 3.5 and 6.5 to an alpine power pack, bridge the jx400/4 to the 6x9 for about 200rms

4) just be happy with the speakers running off the head unit.

I also wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to these forums. They have been super helpful.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
#1 should be relatively easy and I bet would make a big difference. I considered doing the same but I'm at the tail end of ownership on this car and thus am done putting any more time into it. LOL Let us know what you decide and how it worked out for you.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts