Lexus CT200h Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice to know about your replacement of the Speaker. I have done it many times and in many cars n my workshop. Its my daily routine to check out these issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here are some pictures of the stock connector. This is the part that I tried and tried to find a matching connector for, but never could. I took a good view of both the connector on the OEM speaker and also on the car side if anyone wants to keep trying to find the match.

Thanks for the write up!! Question, for the dash stock connector, is there a matching connector for that now?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the write up!! Question, for the dash stock connector, is there a matching connector for that now?
I looked for a connector when I upgraded my speakers July '14 and as of that date they have not made one. Crimping the wires was easy and I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, my first post here. I just ordered everything I need to change my base radio speakers. Thank you for all the info on the adapters to get. Im going to go with Kickers because I already had a pair that I never installed on my previous vehicle.

I also ordered a under the seat powered sub. I dont want to go through the pain of removing the head unit. Can I tap into the rear door speakers by connecting to the wires on the center post where the seat belts are? The wires go through there to the door. I appreciate any reply. This is my first time connecting a powered amp and changing speakers myself.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Can I tap into the rear door speakers by connecting to the wires on the center post where the seat belts are?
The rear door speaker wires run under the door sills and then go up to the rear doors, so technically yes you could tap them there. That actually was my original plan but when I looked at how they run the speaker wires, they are contained in a hard plastic conduit which I didn't want to cut into, and I didn't want to have to take apart the pillars to try and find the speaker wires, so I ended up tapping them at the head unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just finished changing all the speakers on the base 6 speaker system. I just wanted to let you all know that if you want to hear the rear speakers, install an alpine power pack behind the stock HU. I installed one and played with the gains. My stereo now sounds full instead of just sound from the front. Sounds pretty good.

Now I just need to find time to install the sub on the trunk. I ran all the wires already and Im using a LOC to connect to the powered sub.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just finished changing all the speakers on the base 6 speaker system. I just wanted to let you all know that if you want to hear the rear speakers, install an alpine power pack behind the stock HU. I installed one and played with the gains. My stereo now sounds full instead of just sound from the front. Sounds pretty good.

Now I just need to find time to install the sub on the trunk. I ran all the wires already and Im using a LOC to connect to the powered sub.
Is your power pack able to fit behind the head unit? How difficult was the wiring install?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Plenty of space behind the stock HU. Ive never installed an amp, so it was a little confusing for me. I used the metra adaptors. I dont have the model right now but you need 2 of them.

The RCA plug on the power pack has to be cut to connect to the harness that plugs to the HU. Those wires are very short so that was a pain. But hey, if I did it, Im sure anybody can do it. Its worth it. It gives my kickers more clarity and volume.

By the way, I installed the sub today. Rockford P300-12. Sounds awesome. I also installed the MGP Caliper Covers custom mad with Lexus written on it. Looks really good. Ill post picks of the sub and covers later.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Plenty of space behind the stock HU. Ive never installed an amp, so it was a little confusing for me. I used the metra adaptors. I dont have the model right now but you need 2 of them.

The RCA plug on the power pack has to be cut to connect to the harness that plugs to the HU. Those wires are very short so that was a pain. But hey, if I did it, Im sure anybody can do it. Its worth it. It gives my kickers more clarity and volume.

By the way, I installed the sub today. Rockford P300-12. Sounds awesome. I also installed the MGP Caliper Covers custom mad with Lexus written on it. Looks really good. Ill post picks of the sub and covers later.
Nice work man! So you just needed to cut the RCA, tap the color corresponding wires, and plug in the harness? I saw some youtube videos on this awhile back, but didn't know if the CT's HU was similar. Please let us know which Metra adapters you picked up when you get a chance.

Also, put up some picks of those caliper covers! The company's website doesn't say they have any covers available for CT. Where'd you get them from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased the metra adapters from amazon because Im a prime member and get 2 day shipping. The adapters I got were 71-1761 and 70-1761. Like I previously mentioned, the wires that connect to the HU are too short and its a little hard to work with that. All the wire colors match to the adapters set the power pack gain to where you want it, take your time because if you don't set it right you will have to remove the HU to access the controls of the gain. I have the front speakers set at 9 o'clock and the rear speakers at 11 o'clock. I can finally listen to music and enjoy it. The sub really hits hard for a powered sub. Im very happy with the system and it cost me around 500 bucks for everything.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow of the caliper covers. I purchased them from Carid.com.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is a picture of the sub and covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everybody. Can someone helps me out. I have try to install a set of component from rockford 162s and 162c and I have tap speaker wire from oem amp and the speaker doesn't seem to play right . Is there something I should remove from the oem amp ? I don't have the ML but I do have the 10 speaker with sub oem. I manage to make the rockford sub work right but not the components. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I don't have the 10 speaker setup with the external factory amp, but I do know that on my OEM receiver, the front dash speakers go through a high-pass filter before going to the dash speakers. So if you are using those to run your component speakers, you are only going to have highs, no mid-range or lows. I remember there being a thread on here somewhere that shows what the filters look like and it is possible to remove them but I bet that would require taking out a bunch of the dash. You should try using the front door speakers to tap into instead, those are full range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a great thread mate...👍
But there loads to read...
I wanted to know iv got some infinity 6x9’s for my CT200H
Will I need adapters for them to fit my front doors or will they fit into the stock speaker place ??
And if I do need to buy the adapters where do I get them from please...???
Cheers...

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate
I had a look on the link you sent me
Would I need part no SAK010 adaptors for my front door 6x9’s ?
Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you also know which speaker wires are positive & negative
My Front Right speaker have a Green & Brown wires coming from the car.

And the Front Passenger side has Pink & White wires ??
Thank you.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
If I remember right the answer to all three of those questions is in my speaker replacement thread. :) Highly recommend getting the speaker connector adapters rather than splicing directly into the wires.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts