Lexus CT200h Forums banner

LED puddle lamp installation worst fear!

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  my95tsi 
#1 ·
Well today I attempted to install my LED puddle lamps today. I started with the drivers side mirror. Angled the mirror up and pulled up from the bottom. It came off with alittle finesse like many have described. Once I took the mirror off I realized the bottom 2 clips broke off completely. The design is odd since there are clips in 4 corners but each corner has 2 clips an inner and an outer. I broke just the inner clips on the bottom. To be honest I'm not sure how I could have taken off the mirror differently without the clips breaking. The worst part is the the led bulbs I ordered are too long and had to put it all back together with the original bulb. Luckily the outside clips on the bottom seem to be plenty to secure the mirror. Before I get better bulbs and try this again I'm going to try to redo the white glue that's already there. That was part of the reason it was so hard to take off. It had glue in all 4 corners with each clip. Has anyone else broken these clips attempting this mod? Anything I should worry about with no inside clips on the bottom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.