Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of changing out the filament lighting with LED's.

So far I changed the licence plate lights and the interior dome light.

I was able to fit a 36 SMD led in the dome light. Now when you open the door the interior is illuminated as though it is daytime.

I found it easier to remove the whole light assembly from the roof then remove the clear lens. It made it easier to mount the SMD and I would imagine easier to install the "festoon" adapter.

I have also included a pic of the variety of LED SMD's I purchased.

Next to change out will be the vanity lights and the map lights.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Did you get these thru that guy Matt recommended?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get these thru that guy Matt recommended?
I bought them all on eBay.

The prices below are total price including shipping for the specified quantity:

36 led smd qty 1 - $3.29

12 led smd qty 2 - $5.19

9 led smd qty 3 - $8.28

Wedge qty 8 - $10.00

Festoon. qty 2 - $5.69

Overall pretty cheap plus I have some some spares !!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm in the process of changing out the filament lighting with LED's.

So far I changed the licence plate lights and the interior dome light.

I was able to fit a 36 SMD led in the dome light. Now when you open the door the interior is illuminated as though it is daytime.

I found it easier to remove the whole light assembly from the roof then remove the clear lens. It made it easier to mount the SMD and I would imagine easier to install the "festoon" adapter.

I have also included a pic of the variety of LED SMD's I purchased.

Next to change out will be the vanity lights and the map lights.

Audi4T, the only lights I care to change would be the rear license plate bulbs...like the bright white ones that come on a Lexus GS car...is it easy to get the bulbs out? I think I saw somewhere that you have to remove some parts inside the car---not from the outside and where did you get the bulbs (and, oh yes...what size)?

·
Registered
120 Posts
do the light panels "hang" inside the dome and map light housing or do they clip onto something? do they get hot?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Most of these have double sided tape and SMD led's generate little to NO heat!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The access panels for the license plate bulbs are the two innermost panels on the inside of the rear hatch. These just pop off and then you aceess the lamp holders. Unclip the connector and twist the lamp holder anti clockwise.
The led is the wedge style WB.

Many offered on eBay - inexpensive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So how many filament lights exist in the CT?

Are the reverse and turn signal lights LED or filament?

Has anyone replaced ALL the filament lights with LED?

·
Registered
23 Posts
audi4t, can share some photo how you took off the interior dome light cover? I try yesterday but no able to get the cover out.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
audi4t, can share some photo how you took off the interior dome light cover? I try yesterday but no able to get the cover out.
The complete dome light (frame and lens)simply pulls away from the roof lining.

Sit in the back seat and put your fingers between the dome light and the roof lining. The edge closest to the back of the car popped out easily. there are small "hooked" clips holding the complete assembly in place.

The front two can be released with the help of a screw driver.

Then you can disconnect the little box containing the festoon bulb (use a screw driver to pry the rectangular gray box from the light) and remove the whole unit.

With the unit removed you can push the clear lens out of the frame which enables you to mount the LED smd symmetrically to the frame with double sided tape. Then clip the lens and frame back together with the electrical leads and festoon connector coming out the back - ready to be clipped back into the connector hanging from the roof.

Make sure you check polarity before assembling everything. LED's are polarity sensitive and only work when the connection is correct.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've started the replacement process... ordered some 5 LED SMD's from ebay for a few $$$'s and replaced the license plate, puddle and vanity mirror lights. Started to replace the map lights (home link panel) and ran into a problem. I tried the 5 LED SMD's both way round to confirm polarity but could not get them to light... any ideas?

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sometimes the connection is a little temperamental !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fixed my problem! Pins not making contact in the Map lights properly... All done now... Much happier with the look than the standard bulbs....

·
Registered
76 Posts
tming77,

Where in Malaysia are you from? I have not seen any CT in Malaysia, and my last visit was in June.

Tim

·
Registered
414 Posts
May I know what size is for the reverse light?
I found when I tried to replace the reverse lights, that they were very loose and actually came out while driving, so I put back the original bulbs. But everything else changed OK. (See my signature)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
tming77,

Where in Malaysia are you from? I have not seen any CT in Malaysia, and my last visit was in June.

Tim
I'm from Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Is quiet difficult to spot a CT here in Malaysia. In my state, not more than 100 CT sold. Whole Malaysia only around 1000 and most of them still waiting for the shipment from Japan

1 - 20 of 43 Posts