Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wonder if there is any other leather trim when you get the Nuluxe option, besides the steering wheel. I'm considering this car as my next but want to avoid leather as much as possible on the interior, not just for the seats.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only leather is see with my NuLuxe interior is as you said the steering wheel, and over the instrument cluster and the sides of the center console. Interested in your comment however, because I'm taking my 2 month old CT200H premium into a custom interior shop to replace all of the NuLuxe on the seats with genuine leather. I found them unacceptably hot in the NC summer. Spoiled I guess from living with leather seating in every car I've owned for a long long time. The only way I would have kept my vinyl (NuLuxe) seats if if I lived at the beach and wanted to jump in the car with wet bathing suits every day.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The only leather is see with my NuLuxe interior is as you said the steering wheel, and over the instrument cluster and the sides of the center console. Interested in your comment however, because I'm taking my 2 month old CT200H premium into a custom interior shop to replace all of the NuLuxe on the seats with genuine leather. I found them unacceptably hot in the NC summer. Spoiled I guess from living with leather seating in every car I've owned for a long long time. The only way I would have kept my vinyl (NuLuxe) seats if if I lived at the beach and wanted to jump in the car with wet bathing suits every day.
I'm pretty sure the instrument cluster and center counsel garnishes are not leather but a synthetic material. The steering wheel is promoted as leather-trimmed and a standard luxury feature, but there is no mention of the other surface materials as leather in marketing information. I've also looked at the garnish materials while removed, using 60 power magnification, and they look to be very thin synthetic material backed with approximately an eighth inch of foam.

I also find the Nuluxe to be noticeably hotter than the leather was in my RX and wish I had the leather. Look forward to seeing a photo of your leather seats if you have time to post it.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow...very technical post...thank you....they fooled me on the trim pieces with the white stitching. I take the car in tomorrow and probably get it back Friday for the leather redo. I have them perforating the center sections of the seats to look more Lexus like and adding white stitching to match the other details. I will post some pics when I get the car back. I'm having them add a larger sub woofer and an amp at the same time based upon other posts I've read about the effectiveness of this upgrade for the Premium Sound system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So here's the day before they are finished with leather seat redo at the custom car shop:
IMG_1014.jpg

And the new 10" Kicker subwoofer with custom enclosure and 500watt amp I'm having done at the same time. The new enclosure will not be visible behind the stock interior panel

IMG_1010.jpg IMG_1015.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's gorgeous, sdale944. How much did they charge to re-do the seats? I'm assuming you only did the fronts, I rarely have passengers so I wouldn't even bother with the rear seat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks djrobsd...Rather pricey...I paid $1500 for both fronts (total) including the headrests but the quality and comfort exceeds factory...I just drove it home and I'm very happy. I'll take some full seat pics in the daylight. I use my car to move merchandise and bikes from one bike shop to another so my rear seat will stay folded..they wanted another $1,000 to do the rear seats and I just couldn't go there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks very good. I've often thought about somehow retrofitting to have air-conditioned seats in the CT.. I might try to find a similar car that has it and try to see via repair manual or some parts diagrams how it is done..

·
Registered
32 Posts
why you dont get the leather seat option in the when you bought the car

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Wow...very technical post...thank you....they fooled me on the trim pieces with the white stitching. I take the car in tomorrow and probably get it back Friday for the leather redo. I have them perforating the center sections of the seats to look more Lexus like and adding white stitching to match the other details. I will post some pics when I get the car back. I'm having them add a larger sub woofer and an amp at the same time based upon other posts I've read about the effectiveness of this upgrade for the Premium Sound system.
Steps to upgrade sound system (1) get amp and use with OEM speakers (2) replace OEM speakers, The sub is superfluous unless you like vibrations for low frequencies less than 100 Hz. You can improve low end frequencies by adding some replacement co-axial or tri-axial speakers for the two front door speakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts