Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed everyone's threads and info on the CT. We ordered our CT April 17th and we got a call two weeks ago that the car would be coming by August 13.:) However, today we just found out it's not really the car we ordered.:mad: We were just told today you cannot get the Leather Package without getting Navigation. We ordered the Premium Audio with back up camera in rearview mirror (AO) and leather package (LP), but supposedly Lexus decided to build us a car with Premium Audio (AM) no backup camera, and no leather because this is how they are currently being built. I have my suspicions that the dealer is just trying to match us with a car regardless of what we actually ordered. Has anyone received a car with leather but non nav? My wife and I are debating if it's worth waiting another 12 weeks and taking a late 2011 or early 2012 model with exactly what we ordered. However, the dealer also told us for 2012 models we would need to order Nav if we wanted leather..... If it helps we are on the East Coast US, and ordered Tungsten/Black Interior. The hanging point for us is memory seats we only have one car and switch drivers frequently. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed everyone's threads and info on the CT. We ordered our CT April 17th and we got a call two weeks ago that the car would be coming by August 13.:) However, today we just found out it's not really the car we ordered.:mad: We were just told today you cannot get the Leather Package without getting Navigation. We ordered the Premium Audio with back up camera in rearview mirror (AO) and leather package (LP), but supposedly Lexus decided to build us a car with Premium Audio (AM) no backup camera, and no leather because this is how they are currently being built. I have my suspicions that the dealer is just trying to match us with a car regardless of what we actually ordered. Has anyone received a car with leather but non nav? My wife and I are debating if it's worth waiting another 12 weeks and taking a late 2011 or early 2012 model with exactly what we ordered. However, the dealer also told us for 2012 models we would need to order Nav if we wanted leather..... If it helps we are on the East Coast US, and ordered Tungsten/Black Interior. The hanging point for us is memory seats we only have one car and switch drivers frequently. Thanks for your help!
On the Lexus website one can only get Leather if you order with premium, audio & nav. It's interesting that you were able to order Leather without Nav. Do you have Paper Work showing what you ordered? It sure would be great if one could special order outside of the packages offered, but I haven't seen that to be the case at all... It's a major negative with Lexus and they way they require packages.. I really hate it, but I bought a CT... The only way to send the best message is to NOT buy the cars. Might work, but would take years and lots of people to be effective.. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
My new CT has leather seats with memory, backup camera, rain sensing wipers, premium audio ... and no NAV. This is the standard "Premium Package" in Canada.

Looking at the Lexus US web site, it now seems to be possible to order a car with the leather package, but no NAV package (you could not do this a month ago.)

Try building the package you want online, and see what kind of offer you get from the internet sales guy. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered a similar car back in March and have heard nothing about it since. I am going to look/drive/possibly take delivery of a Starfire/Caramel Nav car simply because I can't keep waiting.

The odd thing is that on Lexus' site, you can now create a leather non/audio/nav car, but even if you build it fully loaded, there's no LED headlights listed anymore. It also barely makes it over $35K as opposed to nearly 40 (fully loaded)

Wonder if this is due to special orders, requests, demand and them meeting all three?!?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Configuration on Lexus web site - Regionalized

I ordered a similar car back in March and have heard nothing about it since. I am going to look/drive/possibly take delivery of a Starfire/Caramel Nav car simply because I can't keep waiting.

The odd thing is that on Lexus' site, you can now create a leather non/audio/nav car, but even if you build it fully loaded, there's no LED headlights listed anymore. It also barely makes it over $35K as opposed to nearly 40 (fully loaded)

Wonder if this is due to special orders, requests, demand and them meeting all three?!?
The Lexus configuration appears to be reagionalized to some extent. The three places I tried: Houston, San Diego, and New York don't allow you to create a leather non audio/non nav car? I am curious what zip code allows this ?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am going to say no on his statement. If you look on the brochure it says that you need premium audio package, not NAV.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My zip code is 03051 and it lets me choose black leather trim right under where you choose your color. It then lets me continue with no other options and the summary shows the additional leather trim.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The US website appears to be broken. :( You can select a leather interior, but it doesn't update the price or include the new features that are supposed to come with the leather package.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
You're not using the configurator correctly!

My zip code is 03051 and it lets me choose black leather trim right under where you choose your color. It then lets me continue with no other options and the summary shows the additional leather trim.

You are not using the configurator correctly. When you choose leather in the color, that is the color you when get when you add the leather package. If you will notice the $31,775 cost you show DOES NOT include the cost of leather. The cost would be the same if you had chosen Black NuLuxe.

The $31,775 includes only the Base MSRP $30,900 plus the Delivery, processing & handling fee of $875.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You are not using the configurator correctly.
Like YOW said the configurator is broken. Why would it make sense to you to get to the final page and have Leather Trim listed but at the base price? Also seems as if some people are getting a different configurator for the US market. Very strange...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for your help! Originally in April they told us we only needed Premium Audio to get the Leather Package. We opted for the Premium Audio with the Backup Camera but they scratched the Leather due to non nav yesterday and said the backup camera was not possible. According to the dealer it is "big lexus" that decided to change this. We are in the Washington D.C. area, Has anyone in this area or close to received a Non Nav Leather Car? I did contact a dealer in the Midwest US and they said they could get a Non Nav with Leather delivered sometime for us. I wish it wasn't such a mystery as to what you can actually order. The dealer shouldn't let you order it in the first place if Lexus will not fullfill the order. But it seems strange that they would still not fullfill the ordered options on a 2012 either. Thanks again. Maybe somebody in the US has a Non Nav Leather Car.......

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Like YOW said the configurator is broken. Why would it make sense to you to get to the final page and have Leather Trim listed but at the base price? Also seems as if some people are getting a different configurator for the US market. Very strange...
The configurator is not broken, how to use it is apparently misunderstood.

Lexus has always grouped items together in packages. Smaller, less major items are listed as accessories.

Leather is only listed in a "package" and not as an "accessory". No where was a package or an accessory checked which would add leather. What was check was the color indicator, iff (if and only if) you select leather in a package will leather be adde to the cost and will actually be configured on the car. By the same token I can select "Black Nuluxe" and select a package which contains leather and on the summary it shows "Black Nuluxe" instead of leather. I can also not select a color and it shows "No Color Exterior Selected" and "No Interior Color Selected" on the summary. Is that a transparent car?

And apparently in the region served by Hudson, New Hampshire (zip code 03051) leather (LP ) is not even available in a package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also Lexus Website is definitely wrong back in April you could configure Leather by itself on anything base car or premium looks like its still the case. It also doesn't reflect the price for the Leather Package with Memory which is $1330 retail but on the option sheet in this region it requires AO, AM, or AN all premium audio variations. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
393 Posts
The configurator is not broken, how to use it is apparently misunderstood.
Broken, not functioning properly, poorly designed, doesn't make any sense... All the same to me... One should not have to analyze how the configurator works to get a correct final result.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Yes configurator is confusing

kalo925,

I agree with you it should be easier to work with and as it is, it is somewhat confusing and misleading. It should make sense and be easy to obtain correct final results.

The person at Lexus who programmed the configurator did not put enough checks and balances in to to make-it foolproof. It should not have passed QA testing. If I would have programmed it, you would not be having a problem ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you log on to Lexus.ca, their build program works correctly. It's just the US one that's all messed up. The Canadian one will lock out certain options if you choose a particular configuration.

Figures the one thing I wanted won't even make it to this part of the country. Guess it's time to compromise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
People still buy cars without Nav..?

How can someone not want navigation, audio display, TRAFFIC, vehicle settings, etc all laid out on a nice screen on the dash... Having OEM Nav doesn't bring your car into the luxury club all by itself, not having it on the other hand...Definitely excludes it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.