Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My wife and I have only recently become familiar with the CT and we absolutely love it. I do have a couple of questions. Is anyone leasing their CT? If so, what are you paying? Secondly, the CT weighs about 3,100 pounds. Is 134 hp sufficient for daily driving? I don't mean for drag racing kids in Mustangs but rather power for passing cars, merging onto expressways, etc. I read somewhere that there's a prototype in Japan with 180 hp. Does anyone know anything about this?
We're presently leasing two cars (a new Kia Sorento and a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen) and in 10 months, when the Jetta lease expires, we plan on leasing a CT, and we can't wait!! What a terrific car!
Thank you in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've been reading for awhile and I would say that there are more buyers than leasers (lesees?). The car has been in such short supply that I imagine the dealers had more than enough buyers. I think you will be fine tho', the supply is getting better quickly.

I don't want to wait for the rumoured CT300h, so I'll take delivery of my CT200 in a couple of weeks. I will trade it for a CT300 if it goes into production.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I answered on your other post, in short I have had no issues with the power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am leasing Mine. Got a fairly loaded one (everything but the Cruise Control monitoring thing) and my payment on a 4 year lease is 540 or so. Put 5k down. Only reason why I leased is because I feel like hybrid technology will be making some decent strides in the next few years and I wanted the flexibility of taking advantage of it. I also will be getting married soon and so my priorities may change.

Residual buy out is 18k at the end of the lease should I decide to do that

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had mine for 5 months and drive on the west side of Los Angeles. In short, the CT has just enough power to do the job!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi. My wife and I have only recently become familiar with the CT and we absolutely love it. I do have a couple of questions. Is anyone leasing their CT? If so, what are you paying? Secondly, the CT weighs about 3,100 pounds. Is 134 hp sufficient for daily driving? I don't mean for drag racing kids in Mustangs but rather power for passing cars, merging onto expressways, etc. I read somewhere that there's a prototype in Japan with 180 hp. Does anyone know anything about this?
We're presently leasing two cars (a new Kia Sorento and a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen) and in 10 months, when the Jetta lease expires, we plan on leasing a CT, and we can't wait!! What a terrific car!
Thank you in advance for any replies.
I just got my CT this past Friday and I'm leasing it as well. Leasing it for three years with zero down and I'm paying $638 a month after all of the options I added.

I with a previous reply feel that hybrid technology is going to really take off in the near future and I want to have the ability to take advantage of that in the future.

Also, I spent all day yesterday driving on the freeway and it was fantastic. I had no issues merging onto traffic or passing other vehicles. I have a feeling you'll love your CT when you finally get it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got my CT this past Friday and I'm leasing it as well. Leasing it for three years with zero down and I'm paying $638 a month after all of the options I added.

I with a previous reply feel that hybrid technology is going to really take off in the near future and I want to have the ability to take advantage of that in the future.

Also, I spent all day yesterday driving on the freeway and it was fantastic. I had no issues merging onto traffic or passing other vehicles. I have a feeling you'll love your CT when you finally get it.
yeah I drive in Eco 99 percent of the time and when I do hit it into sport the difference is quite noticeable. It may be because of the low seating but you feel like youre going a lot faster than you actually are. Im really happy with my purchase

·
Registered
53 Posts
i leased before too, but i figured that this time i am financing it, the only reason that you should lease is if it is zero percent... i also only believe in leasing for german cars since they are not as reliable, and after the warranty, they cost a lot to fix.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am leasing too. I put 11K down and pay 325/month for 2 years. Seeing as I am saving almost 500 bucks a month in gas I am very happy. I think the plug in Prius technology will trickle down to the CT in 2 years - or even more enhancements like going faster/further in EV mode. I love this car so much that I am going to buy it no matter what and if something more enhanced comes out (I am happy with the power as most of my drive is city commuting) I will buy that as well because my wife's care has to go (it's a POS) plus my son says we should have it as a 2nd car as he will be driving in 2 years - ya right! ;)
No matter what anyone says or thinks though, you just need to drive it, if you can, and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i'm leasing as well, 4yrs $680/mth

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm leasing a mid level CT (leather, memory seats, premium audio, no NAV). Paying $330 per month for 4 years after a 10k down payment. The buy-back is high (~$16000).

Financing with $20k down payment would have been $510 month.

It will end up costing me a bit more altogether if Lexus got the buy-back exactly right. If the vehicle is worth significantly more or less then they predicted when my leasing is up, then I will end up ahead.

(Note: lease rates normally go up at the beginning of new model year ... so leasing a 2011 will be cheaper than leasing a 2012)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would doubt that that rates will go higher for 2012, Lexus already raise them after one month on the CT back in April.........

If you take a look at all the other model in Lexus, not many get 4.8% rates on a 4 years lease........

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would doubt that that rates will go higher for 2012, Lexus already raise them after one month on the CT back in April.........

If you take a look at all the other model in Lexus, not many get 4.8% rates on a 4 years lease........
Actually, I believe that 4.8% is what the lease rate went up to for the new model year. I'm paying 3.0%. My sales guy told me that the lease rate was going up for the 2012s, but he also said it always goes up at the beginning of a model year, and generally declines through the course of the year.

(I don't really know why :))

·
Registered
296 Posts
Actually, I believe that 4.8% is what the lease rate went up to for the new model year. I'm paying 3.0%. My sales guy told me that the lease rate was going up for the 2012s, but he also said it always goes up at the beginning of a model year, and generally declines through the course of the year.

(I don't really know why :))

Actually they were at 3.8% when they release the Ct before the earthquake...

New year model might be higher but I doubt they will raise them they might just put the buy back higher so you have less to finance!

·
Registered
180 Posts
That seems really high for putting more than half down, I would've thought it'd be more along the lines $350-$375, but hey!
You have to remember, Canadian prices are quite a bit higher than the US prices. :p With taxes, dealer prep, etc., my car costs about 43K. You can actually check for yourself by building and pricing on the Canadian website. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I drove a civic hybrid about 4 years ago when i was shopping; it was a dreadful experience trying to merge onto a busy expressway and i dismissed the car entirely.

I was anxious to see if i felt the same about the CT because it was my biggest concern; it is barely passable for merging / passing. And for me, that was good enough. I don't need a racecar, i need something that won't get me killed when trying to merge. And the CT was just fine in my test; i was able to merge in normal or sport mode rather easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my CT a few days ago and I'm leasing mine as well. $0 down payment and paying $540 for 36 months. That includes the windshield protection. I bought the second tier CT with no Navi.

I was thinking of buying it but the monthly would be around $650 with no down payment and there would be no real room for negotiation to get that sticker price lower on this car. Plus I like the flexibility of a lease.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts