Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have one key for a 2012 ct200h. Does anyone have recommendations on the most cost efficient way to add another key fob? is this something that can be done DIY? I'm trying to avoid going to a Lexus dealer and paying high dealer costs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah it's pretty pricey to get it replaced. You cannot do it yourself unless you have the programming tool to duplicate the key fob. You can buy another key fob from ebay and bring it to the dealer to have it programmed. Call the dealer and ask how much does it cost to have it replaced and programmed. You might save a little if you buy it from ebay then have it programmed. Some locksmiths do program key fobs as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only have one key for a 2012 ct200h. Does anyone have recommendations on the most cost efficient way to add another key fob? is this something that can be done DIY? I'm trying to avoid going to a Lexus dealer and paying high dealer costs.

Thanks!
I believe it is something that can be done DIY. I don't have advice for you yet. I'm having key issues of my own. I will let you know how I go, but I'm quite sure it can be done DIY.
Don't lose the key you have. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
It is very easy to program your own keys. I bought a bootleg cable and toyota technet on ebay for around $30 and programmed my own credit card key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts