Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Kensun HID slim kit installation - Help!

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  audi4t 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I just recently bought the Kensun HID kit based on some of the comments I read on this forum. I have a couple of questions.. I hope you all senior members can give me a hand. This is really my first project so I am quite new to this DIY thing.

1. The HID bulb does not fit. I read it somewhere that we need to file the tabs a bit because it is thicker than the stock one. I am wondering how much did you guys file away? I did file the tabs but it still does not fit. I am afraid to file too much and that the bulb won't sit right.

2. there are 2 wires with just a metal connector at the end (black and red wire). According to the provided wire diagram, they are supposed to connect to the original bulb wire. Am i supposed to just stick the 2 separate metal connectors into the original bulb connector. It just seems that they would come loose very easily, there are no clips/tabs to help them secure into place.

3, last question. Where did you mount the driver side ballast, i couldn't find a good place to mount them.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

My next project is the LED interior lights. I already got them from Tony. thanks Matt_RN for the referral.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The three tabs are not the same size. Be sure you align the tabs with the correct slots (one is larger than the other two)

This pic is from my DDM kit but the same principles apply.

connect 1 - 1 high voltage output of ballast to high voltage igniters of bulb

connect 2 - 2 12 volt feed from existing headlight to 12 volt input to ballast

connect 3 to original connection that went to the headlight bulb (with the ddm kit an H11 connector is supplied to make this connection).

I have seen other kits where this connector is not provided and the terminals are just "plugged" in to the original headlight socket.

If this is how your kit came you can buy H11 connectors on ebay. I also extended this harness to give me greater flexibility in locating the ballast.

#4 ·
I don't understand all this talk of sanding down tabs? I just placed my new bulbs in the same position as the factory H11 Halogen bulbs and they fit without a problem. Sometimes, I have heard that the orange colored (or red colored) rubber seal may be thicker or thinner on some replacement bulbs and this can cause it to sit funny...not the case here. As far as the two wires with the metal tabs that look like if you place them somewhere they would fall out, I just cut them off...I didn't need to use them. And, I also cut off the rubber gasket seal because you don't need it on these headlamps as you are not cutting a new hole for the bulbs.I'm thinking if you have to do all that work (sanding the bulbs) that it isn't plug and play and probably a generic bulb...be careful not to get the shavings from sanding in the headlight inclosure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.