Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Lexus ct200h
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 8/15/20 I purchased 2012 150,00 with carfax. Actually miles 153,000. My brother has one and said it should be good for another 100,000 miles. Runs great.
8/27/20 purchased 4 new tires. Asked about the breaks. He said there fine for a while.
9/4/20 new windshield with sensor
9/30/20 Meineke for oil change. Odo 155,854 They weren't sure but mine would need a different filter and would be extra. $70 and 30min later, They said I need breaks/roter and spark plugs. WHAT? breaks where fine? Payed Carfax for a report on car. ODO is 153,856
10/4/20 Tire pressure light. WHY? brand new tires.
10/5/20 Engine light comes on. Car is now jumps at start.
Added air and checked oil level. Oil looked 1/2 qt low, did not add any.
Tire pressure and engine light gone.
10/8/20 hard start and tire pressure and engine light again. Added air.
10/9/20 Went back to Meineke and parked for 30min. Asked them to listen to my car and of course it did not jump when started. Told them something is wrong and asked what did you guys do? " we just changed the oil and check tire pressure.
Drove to the car dealership where I purchased the car.
All gone, no more dealership.
What the heck? As long as tire pressure was ok I would be ok. Went up north 5 days into it coolant light, I thought extra driving, filled it with coolant.
Few days later coolant...tire pressure, engine they all came on.
Did my rounds on the car and ...Got close to home......engine dies, roll off exit, parked, towed to Toyota. Need new engine. Whole backend of engine. Battery cell bad. Need new battery. Coolant leaked into engine and blew.
ADVICE PLEASE?
While I seek legal do I replace or crush the car?

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
75 Posts
Unfortunately, this seems to be an extremely common occurrence for cars of this year and number of miles. The head gasket has failed. Seems to happen to everyone eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, this seems to be an extremely common occurrence for cars of this year and number of miles. The head gasket has failed. Seems to happen to everyone eventually.
The lack of temperature gauge does not allow you to know the temperature of engine.... design flaw

·
Registered
8 Posts
The lack of temperature gauge does not allow you to know the temperature of engine.... design flaw
I do not believe the head gasket issue is (over) temperature related but more of a thermal cycle issue. We don't even know that but it seems to be the current theory. The actual coolant(s) temperature(s) are available via the canbus (OBD). I get them (and much more data) on my cellphone app. Definitely worth purchasing an adapter for $20 or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts