Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new K&N air filter for the CT200h.

Designed to increase horsepower and acceleration. It is washable and reuseable. K&N says there is a million mile limited warranty.

I already have one in the car and don't need another one.

$45 shipped.

The quickest way to reach me is by email; [email protected]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you notice any improvement in performance, mileage, or sound with the one you have?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing considerably noticeable. I feel like I hear a little more induction noise when you accelerate. The best thing about this is you can just wash it and reuse it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nothing considerably noticeable. I feel like I hear a little more induction noise when you accelerate. The best thing about this is you can just wash it and reuse it.

IMO... DO NOT wash it because dirt will clog the opening. Use air compressor and air hose it. Best is to replace with a new one every 20-30K miles, they don't cost much

·
Registered
990 Posts
IMO... DO NOT wash it because dirt will clog the opening. Use air compressor and air hose it. Best is to replace with a new one every 20-30K miles, they don't cost much
Sir you are severely mistaken. You should do some fact finding before posting. You 100% wash K&N filters with their cleaning kits. This isn't some cheap auto-parts store paper filter. It last the lifetime of the vehicle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
381 Posts
IMO, the only real issue with K&N is the cleaning process. Too often, people clean them and overoil, you can gum up your throttle body, etc...
We don't have high performance cars, the additional flow isn't going to make a real difference, safer to stick with paper.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sir you are severely mistaken. You should do some fact finding before posting. You 100% wash K&N filters with their cleaning kits. This isn't some cheap auto-parts store paper filter. It last the lifetime of the vehicle.

If I understand the term "WASH" correctly then it means some fluid involved. If indeed fluid is involved then the WASH process would eventually clog up the opening for proper air flow. I have done enough research in this area, but go ahead and enjoy your belief, more power to you

·
Registered
990 Posts
If I understand the term "WASH" correctly then it means some fluid involved. If indeed fluid is involved then the WASH process would eventually clog up the opening for proper air flow. I have done enough research in this area, but go ahead and enjoy your belief, more power to you
Please research K&N air filters first, then chime in. Wash does not mean getting wet with water but there is a liquid solution involved and then you re-oil it. Sounds like you never heard of this type of filter so I'm surprised your trying to display sone level of knowledge regarding this.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Please research K&N air filters first, then chime in. Wash does not mean getting wet with water but there is a liquid solution involved and then you re-oil it. Sounds like you never heard of this type of filter so I'm surprised your trying to display sone level of knowledge regarding this.

Sorry. not to offend anyone ... and I don't intend to teach anyone :confused:

·
381 Posts
Alright, guys. Chill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts