Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is it worth it... Or anyone have a place that sells cold airs for cheap?
Well you are mentioning 2 different things, K&N drop in filters and cold air intakes, they are not the same. Actually they don't make a cold air for our cars but Injen makes a standard intake that'll make your car sound like a kazoo while sucking in hot engine bay air at the same time This isn't a performance car and no matter what anyone says, the kazoo intake will not give you any gains, just noise. Now a K&N drop in would be a good investment if you plan to keep the car for awhile. They are easily to clean and reusable. However don't expect any gains from that over a paper filter. Best place to buy the K&N would be Amazon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
990 Posts
To each their own I guess, myself as well as many others really like the sound of the injen intake vs. stock.
Oh don't get me wrong, I like the sound too as I had an fsport intake on my IS350 but I also had an fsport exhaust. The problem with an intake in the CT is it gives a long drone sound without actually going anywhere. It's like hearing one of those slow Honda Civic (non-SI) rice rocks blasting down the street where all you hear is this loud annoying sound that won't go away because the car is just not moving out, it's too slow. This just isn't a performance car at all. I just had a Kia Forte blast me off the stop light the other day and I just couldn't keep up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
... I just had a Kia Forte blast me off the stop light the other day and I just couldn't keep up.
Ugh! That would be embarrassing! I learned pretty quickly that the only cars I could beat away from a light, are the ones that aren't trying. Good thing there are a lot of them! Beat a Jag the other day!

LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts