Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
this weekend a family friend wanted to test drive my ct and forgot to turn the engine off - not used to push start in his bmw i guess. and found the car on 4-5 hrs later, only 2 gallons are so less than what it had before. Luckily it started up fine and has been fine since

·
Registered
609 Posts
this weekend a family friend wanted to test drive my ct and forgot to turn the engine off - not used to push start in his bmw i guess. and found the car on 4-5 hrs later, only 2 gallons are so less than what it had before. Luckily it started up fine and has been fine since
That didn't sound right. Letting the car idle for 5 hours shouldn't take anywhere close to 2 gallons of gas!

I thought that for a hybrid car, if the regular battery dies, the traction battery should take over the jump start duty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well it may not have been two gallons exactly but the fuel gauge was def lower as was the avg mpg - and the car didnt go anywhere

also the car was still on but in park just didnt realize it due to how quiet it is

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is a power terminal in the front right of the engine compartment that has a wire that runs to the trunk, where both traction and 12v batteries are located. This terminal is directly connected to your 12v battery. And you can use this to jumpstart the car without having to go into the trunk and remove a bunch of panels. This system is very similar to several BMWs I have had in the past where the battery was moved to the trunk to allow for more room in the engine compartment and for more balanced weight distribution.
Do you know if you could use this point to connect an additional 12 volt supply? Looking to connect up an additional 12 volt power supply for inside the car and was wondering if I connected the live to here and the ground to the chassis would work? Any idea?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
what do you have that needs more 12 volt power ?

:confused:
Do you know if you could use this point to connect an additional 12 volt supply? Looking to connect up an additional 12 volt power supply for inside the car and was wondering if I connected the live to here and the ground to the chassis would work? Any idea?
Why do you want to connect an additional 12 Volt supply ? What additional 12 volt devices are you trying to drive? If you connect another 12 volt battery to the points mentioned it would be lie connecting two batteries in parallel; you need to be careful doing that. It potentially will give you more capacity ( higher ampere -hours), but you could end up draining one battery while it tries to charge the other. Again what are you adding that you need more 12 volt power?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

You also realize, this means he had to leave the key in the car and that the car was unlocked and could be driven off by anyone during that time period.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think I didn't expalin myself too well, looking to use this as a way of putting another cigarette lighter style plug into the cabin, rather than pulling the cabin apart and tapping into wires, I know this is a constantly on feed if I do this but the device I am looking to connect can automatically switch itself off and when I am not in the car it will be removed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think I didn't expalin myself too well, looking to use this as a way of putting another cigarette lighter style plug into the cabin, rather than pulling the cabin apart and tapping into wires, I know this is a constantly on feed if I do this but the device I am looking to connect can automatically switch itself off and when I am not in the car it will be removed.
I think you put this in the wrong thread, but unless you "tap into wires", you can't get power to another lighter plug. It is easy. Take off the console sides, get to the bottom of the existing lighter plug in that little place under the little door, then tap into those wires, work those wires back to the firewall side of the console and put another plug there. I bought one from a car parts place with a rubber plug for when it is not in use for less than $10 and attached it there. I don't think that most places you get power from will stay on all the time but will cycle with the ignition switch.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks, it doesn't need to be on all the time but I mas guessing if I use the 12 volt aux plug in the fuse box under the bonnet it probably will be.

Just need to find out how to get from the engine bay into the cabin now............. nothing is ever easy!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Lexus CT200h is completely dead. I wanted to jump start the vehicle as you indicated by accessing the 12V battery in the back compartment. However, I am not able to open that hatch back. Any suggestions to open it so I may access the battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
My Lexus CT200H is completely dead. I tried to access the 12V battery located in the rear of the car. The problem is the car is completely dead and I cannot open the hatch. Any suggestions how to access the 12V battery?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
My CT200H battery is completely drained. I wanted to jump start the vehicle as indicated in the owner's manual. The problem is I cannot open the hatchback in order to access the 12V battery. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
SOS

My CT200H battery is completely drained. I wanted to jump start the vehicle as indicated in the owner's manual. The problem is I cannot open the hatchback in order to access the 12V battery. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You also realize, this means he had to leave the key in the car and that the car was unlocked and could be driven off by anyone during that time period.
I thought once the car is started the key is irrelevant. It's only needed for the initial startup to unlock the immobilizer. I believe you can start the car then get out and lock the doors all with the engine still running. The car will chime at you saying the key is not there but it will still keep running and allow anyone to drive off of they were to break in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought once the car is started the key is irrelevant. It's only needed for the initial startup to unlock the immobilizer. I believe you can start the car then get out and lock the doors all with the engine still running. The car will chime at you saying the key is not there but it will still keep running and allow anyone to drive off if they were to break in as the alarm is not set.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IIRC, once the car has been started, the presence of the key is irrelevant. It's only needed for the initial startup to unlock the immobilizer. After the initial start up, you can drive away all you want. If you wanted to leave someone in the car with the ac on, you can start the car then get out and lock the doors from the outside with the engine still running. The car will chime at you saying the key is not there but it will still keep running. Locking the door this way won't set the alarm and anyone would be able to drive off with the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IIRC, once the car has been started, the presence of the key is irrelevant. It's only needed for the initial startup to unlock the immobilizer. After the initial start up, you can drive away all you want. If you wanted to leave someone in the car with the ac on, you can start the car then get out and lock the doors from the outside with the engine still running. The car will chime at you saying the key is not there but it will still keep running. Locking the door this way won't set the alarm and anyone would be able to drive off with the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

21 - 40 of 54 Posts