Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the leather on my steering wheel is scratched (small bumpy tears). Not only does it pain me because we've had the car 1 month but is also bothers me while I drive.

Anyone know the cost of replacing the steering wheel? or an alternative that does not involve a cover? Maybe repair it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
hi,

i think the leather steering in our CT is one of the best i've ever used / felt.

yea, mine is all scratched, now it a little scratchy? its not very scratch resistant the steering wheel. i scratched after 2 months of using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah mine scratched relatively early too. I've completely babied this thing too, so I have no clue how it happened. Like you, small bumpy tears. Are yours on the bottom like mine?

There are other places too that look like small splits, rather than scratches, something which I thought shouldn't happen after a few months of use. You have to look closely, but they are definitely there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I learned that it was my wife's cuffs, which have metal zippers for edges, is what likely created the scratches/cuts. I've been reading leather care boards and the cuts may be repairable. It would be TONS of work since the cuts are all around the wheel. Seems like it would be easier to just replace the steering wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have similar scratches, although fairly minor. I think it must have been a coat zipper because it happened last winter. It is difficult for me to enter the car without brushing the steering wheel with some part of my body.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have similar scratches, although fairly minor. I think it must have been a coat zipper because it happened last winter. It is difficult for me to enter the car without brushing the steering wheel with some part of my body.

I have a premier with electric seat and had the same problem so i programmed the memory so No 1 is my driving position
and No 3 powers me all the way back to exit the car

·
Registered
69 Posts
@bt33: if the scartches just happen when you get into the car and do not happen when you exit it, there is a much more elegant way:
programm the seat with the key signal, so you can get out in #1 and when you unlock the car next time with your key, the seat will automatically go into position #3.
i love this feature!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have a premier with electric seat and had the same problem so i programmed the memory so No 1 is my driving position
and No 3 powers me all the way back to exit the car
I don't think we have memory seats in the USA, although maybe with some super option package. I have the F Special Edition with everything I could find to buy and I don't have it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@bt33: if the scartches just happen when you get into the car and do not happen when you exit it, there is a much more elegant way:
programm the seat with the key signal, so you can get out in #1 and when you unlock the car next time with your key, the seat will automatically go into position #3.
i love this feature!
Is it possible to program this through the remote access on the door handles

·
Registered
38 Posts
I scratched mine a month after I got the car. It's on the bottom of the steering wheel. Got scratched by the zipper of my thick winter jacket...ugh. I can feel the little scrapes whenever I grab the bottom of the steering wheel when I turn.

·
Registered
69 Posts
@ bt33: yes, it's in the manual. i did it to mine, and it should work for your purpose too.
don't remember exactly, but i had to press a combination of memory-button and lock-button together with the key. i'll report when i'm back home tomorrow...
(haven't got the manual in the car.)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes. There are replacement aftermarket steering wheels in brushed silver or carbon fiber that are pretty affordable and look great. They look OEM but I'm not sure who actually manufactures them. They're definitely more LFA inspired, with the flat bottom and the carbon fiber. PM and I'll try to get more details.

·
Registered
69 Posts
@bt33: found it! get into the car with the key you want to program. close the door(s). switch off the car. press and hold the position-button (1,2 or 3) for the seat. then press and hold the lock-button on the inside door panel until you hear a beep. done!
(it doesn't work when there are two keys in the car! use only the one you want to program.)

good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
@bt33: found it! get into the car with the key you want to program. close the door(s). switch off the car. press and hold the position-button (1,2 or 3) for the seat. then press and hold the lock-button on the inside door panel until you hear a beep. done!
(it doesn't work when there are two keys in the car! use only the one you want to program.)

good luck!
Cheers gpunkt thanks a lot

brian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.