Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know who else has experience with these, but first off Ill mention that I really like the look of these. They are a bright white comparesd to the yellowish-tinge assosciated with the OEM and more standard Halogen bulbs.

I bought the two pack of these. They were around $50 dollars, but I assumed that they will last for a pretty good amount of time. One burned out after 3 months, and I figured just bad luck, and didn't think anything of it and bought a new one. Then the other one went out 2 weeks later, replaced it. Then the new one that I bought after the first burn out went out 2 weeks after that.

I used gloves installing them and all that, I don't understand how these bulbs can be failing so quickly. Autozone basically told me it was my fault, because they said it shouldn't be happening. I don't think it should be happening either.

I have tried to contact sylvania, but It's either out of their business hours or i'll sit on hold for an hour until I get disconnected or just get tired of waiting.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just get the Kensun HIDs on Amazon or even easier, get the LED lights someone posted on here.. 10x better than Sylvania's. I've had my Kensun on my car for almost a year with 0 issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean, it says that on the packaging that they don't last as long, but I mean I feel like it should last much longer than it did. It was also pretty misleading that they put "complete satisfaction guranteed for 12 months" on the back of the packaging. I feel like if I ever get through to them I'll just get a "its against defects blah, blah, blah" and give me nothing.

I wouldn't mind upgrading or whatever, but it's a lease and i'm always nervous on any type of modding. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I can't keep worrying if my headlight goes out or at this rate both could go out. I drive very long distances for work, and a lot of the time it would be at night, so this becomes much more of a safety issue. I just want something that I can rely on, and that looks more of a bright white than the standards.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've used Silver Stars on many of my cars and never had issues.

Within 6 months of buying my CT, I had an OEM bulb go out. I personally think it's a design flaw by Toyota as I have also noticed quite a few Prius and CTs with burnt out headlights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
they are whiter because they burn hotter, because of them buring hotter they only last 3-10 months. they are junk and a huge waste of money. for the same price you could have bought a set of led headlights that will last for years and are brighter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

Sylvania has contacted me back, and said basically what everyone else has said, that these bulbs burn hotter, and that they don't last as long as standard bulbs. They also said that they guarantee them for a year. They said they will be FedEx 2nd Day-ing me a new pair at no charge. They also said that If these ones too burn out pre-maturely that they will work with me to find another solution for my car. I was surpirised, and I guess we'll see if these last. If I have the same experience with these bulbs, then definitely i'll be looking for alternatives like the HID or LED like everyone says. Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been through 2 sets of Sylvania silverstar SXE bulbs already, the last ones were just last week actually. Both times they burnt out in less than a year. Sylvania 2day aired new bulbs to me both times since they warranty them to last for a year. They are great bulbs, I just don't get why they don't last a year. Kind of a crappy product if they can't even make it past the year warranty. Just keep your receipt and keep making them replace them! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts