Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Honestly it is very difficult to notice. Moreover remember that your friends will be seating on it...so it will be really impossible to notice !)

I understand your feeling though ! Probably we Lexus owners block on such details because of the silence and near perfection of the rest of our Car !)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had leather in all my cars and furniture in the house. I can say that no two hides are exactly the same so consistency will be difficult, however a new car shouldn't have that worn look. The leather in my RX350 is perfect, even after 2 years. The black leather in my G35 is all wrinkly after 6 years and it's just normal wear. The 3 series I had for 8 years looked even worse. My advice is just to forget about it, it's really not that big of a deal. It will become like that in a few years anyways. I know how you feel though, knowing that it's there. No one else will realize it, it plays tricks on your mind. I have Nuluxe on my CT200, it's comfy and grippy. I like it over the leather. I don't slide around and the seat just holds me still. Time will tell on the durability of this material ,so far so good.
I took delivery of my car and didn't even notice three chips in the front spoiler. The dealership will touch it up, but I know it's there and no one else, it plays tricks on your mind. I know after a few months, there will be many chips. It's like prolonging the door ding, it eventually will come and when it does, you'll be relieved that the waiting is over. Don't let it get to you, enjoy the car and not worry too much about the cosmetics which will wear inevitably.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Mine does not have this issue at all. My only concern is that on my far left drivers side bolster the leather is cracking.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I couldn't blame the left drivers side bolster for cracking (or at least getting very stressed out) since the left side of my butt seems to hit that part of the seat every time I collapse into the drivers seat. I found that I was wearing a hole in my dress pants on the left buttock area where my wallet was kept (although the size of my wallet hardly justified that), so I switched my wallet to the right rear pocket of my pants and seem to have eliminated that problem. The Nuvinyl (or whatever it is called) seems to be holding up quite well.

I wonder if this might be at least part of the cause of the left drivers bolster wear.

·
Registered
180 Posts
For those comparing the CT's seats to the RX, can someone state as a matter of known fact whether or not that particular area on the RX is real leather?

Fake leather is so realistic now-a-days that sometimes "leather seating surfaces" may mean just the areas between the bolsters are real leather. On the CT seats, the bolsters seem like an area that would likely stretch because not all butts are the same. I can see someone wider would be more punishing towards the bolsters.

Here is (IMO) one of the nicest leather seats available on a stock car (leather Recaros).

In the years that I've owned the EVO, I very rarely have any passengers at all, yet the passenger seat bolster looks worse than the driver's seat.

On the CT, I believe that's just the way it is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In my opinion, the leather seats in the CT appear to be well constructed and very supportive, time will tell how they are going to hold up. You will end up with creases and some wrinkles over time, even with proper care. However, I wouldn't expect a new car to have that problem. FWIW, the leather seats in my Corvette looked like hell in less than 2,000 miles, and as far as comfort and support, they are the worst seats I have ever sat in. I agree with tk1971...Recaros are awesome!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm getting ready to order my CT this weekend and the only thing that I'm having some indecision on is the leather vs NuLuxe. I've been leaning toward leather assuming better wear than the NuLuxe. Anybody care to add their thoughts on the subject? I'll be going with black either way. I just wish there was more information and history with this NuLuxe stuff.

I have the pearl blue Nuluxe seats in mine and I love them! They are nice and tight awlays and have great grip. I've had mine for 8 months now and have no damage yet (knock on wood) I've had leather and cloth seats and these are so far my favorite.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have the pearl blue Nuluxe seats in mine and I love them! They are nice and tight awlays and have great grip. I've had mine for 8 months now and have no damage yet (knock on wood) I've had leather and cloth seats and these are so far my favorite.
I agree. My blue Nuluxe is a little over a year old and it has held up great. Still feels great and looks better.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've got some of that going on. Same exact place. Lexus definately put a cheaper grade of leather in this car. They now offer an "upgraded" leather for the ES. Makes me wonder if they didn't downgrade the entire line. Disappointing. I had them document the poor leather quality in case it splits in the future. If that happens, the replacement leather won't match....boo Lexus.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.