Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that my passenger side butt lateral support side (right) is very wrinkled. In comparison, all other 3 lateral support sides (including driver's side) is nice and smooth. Anyone else noticed something similar on their leather seats?

Bringing it to the dealer later today to have them look at it... just took delivery of the car yesterday and I don't think that is normal :mad:.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
The leather in Lexus' vehicles is very soft. Just condition w/ Lexol and it will help prevent further wrinkling. My passenger side seat bolsters are like that too. I'm very anal about passengers, especially if they're wide set like my partner since they tend to collapse the seat bolsters and wrinkle them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The leather in Lexus' vehicles is very soft. Just condition w/ Lexol and it will help prevent further wrinkling. My passenger side seat bolsters are like that too. I'm very anal about passengers, especially if they're wide set like my partner since they tend to collapse the seat bolsters and wrinkle them.
I understand that the leather will get wrinkled with time and usage, but this is a brand new car that I just got yesterday. Hopefully they will replace it :).

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Keep us posted thsiao. My leather came like that too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I just came back from Longo (where I bought the car) and was basically told that there is nothing they can do and that even service would consider that normal wear and tear and could not warranty it. The sales manager said that the leather is just not perfect and that every seat is different, though he did see what I was complaining about and agreed that it looked different from the other sides, he insisted there was nothing they could do about it.

I understand that the leather seat cannot be perfect, but when one side (out of four) looks significantly different I don't think it is "normal".

Here are a few photos of what I am talking about... and keep in mind that I just received this car last night and only took my wife for a quick spin after I came back for like 10 minutes MAX. Of course the "damage" was there even before she sat in my car.

What say you? Do you have this on your car???

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
yes. that is exactly what it looks like in my car. JUST that seat. There are also some imperfections in the leather in the back seat behind the drivers, it's like a little pockmark or hardened area. Looks smooth and continuous with the rest of the leather, but when I feel it, I can tell it's harder than the rest of the leather. We also have the same color car too. I got mine from Vista Lexus. I'm assuming you're local to LA too?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I concur with Matt, the leather in my passenger seat is the same; must say that some of the leather in my other cars looks the same!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I saw a demo CT at the dealer with leather, only 7k miles and the seats look beat up. My RX330 with 60k+ miles seats look much better. I know they are completely different type of seats, but it was a turn off for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes. that is exactly what it looks like in my car. JUST that seat. There are also some imperfections in the leather in the back seat behind the drivers, it's like a little pockmark or hardened area. Looks smooth and continuous with the rest of the leather, but when I feel it, I can tell it's harder than the rest of the leather. We also have the same color car too. I got mine from Vista Lexus. I'm assuming you're local to LA too?
Yes, I am from SoCal.

I do get a feeling that the leather on the CT is not top-notch (though I've never owned a Lexus). I've never seen seats with such uneven quality from all the cars I've seen and owned (including Acura, Porsche, Infiniti).

Is it cause it is an entry level? :(

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'm not sure if it's because it's entry level. I feel like some corners were cut, unfortunately, with this car, despite the expensive leather packages, the leather doesn't seem AS good as the leather in my 2007 RX350.

With NuLuxe, I wasn't sure how it would last or how durable it was. It's the first year Lexus has produced this synthetic material. I plan on keeping my car for a REALLY long time, and I wanted the memory system too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks to me like someone was sitting in your car at the dealer with their leg over the bolster. More than likely, that wrinkle will smooth out over time (as long as people are sitting on the bolster). My GTI seats were well bolstered and I could tell when someone was sitting their legs on top of the bolster instead of inside them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm getting ready to order my CT this weekend and the only thing that I'm having some indecision on is the leather vs NuLuxe. I've been leaning toward leather assuming better wear than the NuLuxe. Anybody care to add their thoughts on the subject? I'll be going with black either way. I just wish there was more information and history with this NuLuxe stuff.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've seen several CT's, the leather does appear more "loose" than the Nulux. Reminds me more of an older American car style leather, like on a town car or something like that. It does only appear to be that part of the seat, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of TSB about this later on if people keep complaining about it.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I ordered Leather seats, will let you know if I notice this on the CT as well, but this doesn't seem surprising to me as I have seen it on my other vehicle. But of course it only occurred because of wear and tear over a 10 year period.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in Sydney Australia. My CT (brand new) has exact same leather issues. Lexus said it is normal as real leather is not uniform. See these photos confirms that it is just the way it is. It is amazing as my issues are identical to your photos!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
this is normal. my car has them too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts