Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are aftermarket options out there but i really like the sleeker look of the oem unit. this would be an awesome mod esp if it were plug and play. can't really see why it wouldn't be esp if the is250/350 is similarly equipped i.e. (nav,sat radio). just don't get why toyota didn't put a fin on our cars in the first place. can't really see how a fin vs antenna would save in costs. any input guys?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't think it would fit at all. I suppose anything can fit if money (and trouble) don't matter, but the base of our antenna is larger than the base of the other models since it is, after all, a Prius. Good luck and let us know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I removed the three clips at the rear of the headliner, lowered the headliner and look at the bottom of attenta. It looks like the same as the bottom of the ISx attenta from a picture off clublexus. I measured them and the rear is the widest part at 3 3/4 and the lenght is 5 1/5 the same for both. So I think it will fit. The thing I do not know is if the plugs are the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I went out and looked again the CT has two connectors on it and I believe the ISx has only one cause they use the rear window for am/fm.
whoa, thanks for the footwork 9mmgurn! interesting that they would still integrate am/fm on the rear glass. i totally would have thought everything would've been integrated into the is' fin. is your wife's is similarly equipped to your ct?

232 Posts
I am also interested in making the shark fin mod, but I have my aprehensions. Are the aftermarket shark fin a true calibrated fractal technology antenna? Remember that the stubby antenna still got the highest dB gain versus any fractal technology. I do not know the sensitivy of the CT200H radio, perhaps they put a cheaper radio than in IS250, so they compensated the sensitivity with the standard stubby antenna.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.