Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I have purchased 2012 ct200h with 177k. You can't tell if it's 17k or 177k from outside or inside.
So, 10 second light shutter when I start in the mornings. Wife says it has white cloud behind at night when it was 10F outside.

I did chemistry test on radiator and blue fluid turn vivid green a light bit of yellow too. Not loosing coolant or bubbles.
I suspect head gasket it's beginning to give away.
I am cleaning whole egr- intake stuff. Intake cooler was completely clogged. Egr valve was stock closed as well. Also, cleaning injectors etc while I am at it. Tip, gasoline bath for 3 days followed by pressure washer did wonders.

Soon, I'm attaching pictures under valvecover near chain area. By looking at it someone did head gasket job once before.or not?
Trying to avoid messing with head gasket area for now but will see

20210308_191015.jpg
20210308_190951.jpg
20210308_190939.jpg
ou think does it look factory sealant and markers in this area??

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200h Premium Navi
65 Posts
The sealant on my timing cover was a light grey colour with bronze discolouration where it contacted oil. This looks like non-factory sealant. The chain has orange cam timing markers and yellow crank sprocket marker on a new chain. Not sure what the orange would look like after many miles of service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts