Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I recently purchased used 2012 CT200h premium with F sports and nav package.

It is great ride! but one thing that bothers me is headlight.

I was looking into put HID kit, but I heard that there is issue with auto mode or light flickering.

I was wondering if anyone have try to change it to different type of halogen(possibly hid looks or matching DRL led stripe)

Any recommendation will help(HID kit that doesn't have issue above, or solution for issue)

Thanks in advance

sorry for bad grammar. English is not my native language

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hello guys, I recently purchased used 2012 CT200h premium with F sports and nav package.

It is great ride! but one thing that bothers me is headlight.

I was looking into put HID kit, but I heard that there is issue with auto mode or light flickering.

I was wondering if anyone have try to change it to different type of halogen(possibly hid looks or matching DRL led stripe)

Any recommendation will help(HID kit that doesn't have issue above, or solution for issue)

Thanks in advance

sorry for bad grammar. English is not my native language
Get a good HID system and you will not have a problem with flicker of AUTO mode. Morimoto is a good HID kit brand: Morimoto - High Quality HID Projectors, Ballasts, and Bulbs the color 4300K matches the LED strip perfectly. Get the H11 kit; you do not need a relay harness.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You can try Philips CrystalVision Ultra headlights. Probably won't match exactly, but gets you closer without investing a lot of money in an HID kit. See this thread for photos and discussion:
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/117895-installed-philips-h11-crystalvision-ultra-headlights.html
I just did the headlights and it is pretty close. It has an advantage that the "fog" lights are the same bulb so you can do all four and get a lot closer to the brights and LED's. Not a perfect match, but close. Amazon has them for less than $23 a pair. With free (kind of slow) shipping if you spend more than $25.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts