Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I have owned my 2012 CT200H for 4 years and have personally drive the past ~90k miles on it. I am at 133k and experiencing the violent shutter that appears to be common among 3rd gen Prius and our Ct200h. This occurred twice in 2018 and the dealer conducted a one time good faith repair under TSB L-SB-0004-13, replacing the Intake Manifold. All was good since they conducted this repair. Fast forward to now, I am having this issue at 60-100 degree days almost every time I start the car. Weirdly enough, it won't shudder if I leave the car running and the engine shuts off when the hybrid system takes over. However, if I turn the car off for 1-2 minutes, it will shutter upon starting back up. In the past couple days, I have started to get misfire codes on Cylinders 2 & 4. Once I rev the engine a bit, everything smooths out. I do not believe I have any contaminated oil or am losing coolant.

So far I have cleaned the Throttle body & EGR pipe.

Can anyone solve this mystery for me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to clean the EGR cooler, intake manifold and replace the PCV valve. I am not holding my breath that this will do anything but it's probably a good idea as preventative maintenance anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts