Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from the members. I am seriously considering the purchase of a CT200h to replace a Prius that I have been driving over 100 miles a day for the last six years. It's time to hand over the Prius to my daughter. I really like the CT200h because of the creature comforts, luxury and MPG. My only concern is the interior room. I am a big guy and it feels a bit snug to me. Maybe I am just accustomed to driving an Easter egg and I should get over it.

I have looked at many other cars but have ruled most of them out because of either high cost or low MPG. I looked at a 2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL yesterday. Fully loaded it was $33k compared to the Lexus CT200h $39k sticker. It also had a ton of room, comparable electronics and got 30-40MPG EPA estimate on Diesel. It did seem a bit cheap inside though even for their luxury model. Can I get some thoughts on this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Interior room is cramp for taller folks. I'm 6'3" with just enough room.Would like more. with seat all the way down,I have 3/4 of an inch left of head room.not much. Leg room little cramped,but better then prius for me.

The 3 cars I seriously looked into buying were the Prius,honda civic hybrid and this lexus. The VW was out due to cost and reliability issues and maintenance cost.

The Civic gave me the most room leg and head room.The leather seat was more comfortable then cloth. I almost got the civic,but liked the styling of the lexus better.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I need some advice from the members. I am seriously considering the purchase of a CT200h to replace a Prius that I have been driving over 100 miles a day for the last six years. It's time to hand over the Prius to my daughter. I really like the CT200h because of the creature comforts, luxury and MPG. My only concern is the interior room. I am a big guy and it feels a bit snug to me. Maybe I am just accustomed to driving an Easter egg and I should get over it.

I have looked at many other cars but have ruled most of them out because of either high cost or low MPG. I looked at a 2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL yesterday. Fully loaded it was $33k compared to the Lexus CT200h $39k sticker. It also had a ton of room, comparable electronics and got 30-40MPG EPA estimate on Diesel. It did seem a bit cheap inside though even for their luxury model. Can I get some thoughts on this?
If you thought it was snug on a test drive then you might feel claustrophobic driving 100 miles everyday. I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs and I thought while not snug, it was more cramp then roomy to me. You need to feel comfortable on long drives. Maybe ask the dealer to loan the car overnight, some will let you take it at the end of the day and return it in the morning. Good luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Did you look at the Audi A3? Much more room for the driver and cargo. More power too.

I ruled it out for styling and mpg. The "clean diesel" gets its best mpg on the hwy. I do most of my driving in- town so the CT worked best for me. But it was a close runner up. Fully loaded, the price was the same. Big plus--you can get your hands on one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you look at the Audi A3? Much more room for the driver and cargo. More power too....Big plus--you can get your hands on one.
Depends where you are. I had to drive over two hours to LA to the nearest Audi dealer with an A3 TDI (the clean diesel version) in stock. Only one dealer in LA, only one unit in stock, period. So I actually did a little better with CT availability. :) I think it was more a matter of timing than anything else - they surely aren't THAT rare, are they?

Be sure to ask for an A3 *TDI*. The regular A3 is indeed everywhere, and we had to ask some guys twice before they'd admit that they didn't actually have the model we wanted.

But yes, for anybody looking for more room and does a lot of highway driving, the A3 is a must to consider. Zippy, and obviously quite nice to look at. The city mileage wasn't going to get it done for us, though, and it wasn't quite as comfortable to us, but it was absolutely worth a 5 hour round trip to see it. I can easily see why somebody would prefer it.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Get the CT and here is why ....

Prius is okay with you so compare Prius and CT driver specs:

.................. Prius ...........CT
Head room : 38.6 ...... 38.9 w/o moonroof, w 38.3 0.3 more to 0.3 less
Shoulder room: 54.9.......... 54 ....0.9 less :(
Hip room: 52.7..........53.1 ..0.4 more
Leg room: 42.5......42.1.... 0.4 less

The dimensions are really close and if the prius works then the CT will work!

CT has a lot better luxury an reliability than the other choices you are looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts