Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Is the 2013 Nav really better? I'm not sure

Tags
2013 nav
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lostchild 
#1 ·
So I've played around a bit with the 2012 vs 2013 nav. For me, it seems like the 2013 was a bit more laggy and cumbersome to use. What do you guys think? The 2012 seemed to be a little bit more straightforward and easy to use, albeit it does have a few features missing.

#2 ·
Exactly how I felt! I got to play with it too on a loaner CT when my car was doing oil change, and I felt that new display was "trying too hard." I like the old icon lined up, clean, slick, easy to see and click. The new one got all the sub menu behind; they are hard to see and not really function other than slowing it down. I didn't see which feature is missing after I saw the main menu.

The screen look "different" too. I am not sure what.. it looks more matte. I don't know if it is better or worst.. just different. And one thing I like is that in the "direction of travel" mode, you get to see the compass heading on the new one! On the old one, you only get to see the arrow pointing north and you will have to figure out yourself which way you are really heading. The new one put the letter E, N, S, W on the side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.