Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Is noise behind driver side back wheel normal?

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TAZII 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Is it normal when noticing a noise from the driver side back wheel. Like a buzzing sound. Is this normal?

Any ideas?

#3 ·
I think that is a battery cooling fan. I have never heard it, but I have seen a thread or two about it. Isn't there a vent on the side of the back seat that you have to be careful not to cover? I thought it was on the passengers side, but it sure could sound like it came from right behind the driver.

#6 ·
I have a 2012 and I don't have any such thing, although I do know some people who do. I don't know if it is actually required, but I think there was a date certain after which it was built in, but as far as I know, the cars that have them have a little speaker near the front of the car. We don't have too many instances of sneaking up on pedestrians sideways. I thought it might be easier to tell people to pay attention to their surroundings and don't step into the street without looking both ways, but I guess that is too conservative a viewpoint for the great society.

#8 ·
The battery cooling fan vent is on the passenger side back seat. It has 6-speeds depending on ambient temperature. When the cabin is really hot it'll run on a fast speed and you can hear it. Otherwise when the temps are more normal it may be on but at slower speeds and you can't hear it. In any case I wouldn't describe it as buzzing so I suspect chessct is describing some other sound. I've got over 100k miles on mine and don't recall hearing a buzzing sound from that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.