Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this will take a moment to explain, but hopefully one of the other dealers that reads the forum will chime in as to whether it pays to be patient with my situation.

Let's start back in October. I went to one of the premier dealers in my city and asked about the CT200h. They hardly knew anything about it at that point other than it was coming, but said that if I put down a refundable $1000 deposit, I could be first in line for them when they came in. I'm all game and they have a great reputation, so I have no reason to think otherwise.

Flash forward to the beginning of March. The test-drive cars come in and I go in for the test and it is just a wonderful car. Upgrading from a prius and I'm just floored at how much better this car is.

So I'm talking with the salesguy and I'm pretty straight. I tell him that I'm willing to pay sticker since the cars are brand new and I don't doubt there are other people waiting but that I want a good deal on my trade in. I tell him I don't want to haggle and he seems cool with it. He has his guy appraise my car and comes damned close to what I wanted, so since I'm in a good mood I say let's do this.

This is when the problems start. We start talking about financing and his math either sucks or he's being an *** about it. The numbers he's quoting me just don't seem right. I tell him I'm going to check with my credit union (which I used on my last car) and he gives me the best line ever, "you don't need to do that, it's just math, the numbers are going to be the same no matter where you go"

Yeah, right. I'm not rude, but I tell him that I need to check anyway. We then start talking about delivery and he's quoting me between 10 days and end of March depending on the colors. All sounds good, so I sign the paper (here I'm an idiot since i didn't get a copy of it) and say I'll get back to him on the financing.

So I call my credit union and the payments there would be $249 a month as opposed to mid-$300s which is what he was quoting me... wtf. Same number everywhere eh?

I call the dealer back and let him know that I'm going to go with my credit union. I'm not accusatory or anything, I give him an honorable way out and just let him know that my credit union is giving employees perks which are just too good.

All's well at this point till Monday when suddenly he calls me and tells me delivery is going to be six weeks for the color scheme I want.

It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

While the color combo I want seems to be a popular one, I'm first on the list and this is a MAJOR dealer in town.

Then again, Six weeks is only slightly longer than he was quoting and I'm just feeling impatient after a great test drive. I know I need to work on my patience, but I called a competitor who assured me the same deal with a pre-April.

I guess my fear is that in Six weeks he's going to say "oh sorry, not yet."

It just stinks of him being miffed that he doesn't get to screw me with the financing and is trying to sell the cars to other people...

Curious what other members/deals think of the situation.

I'm perfectly willing to accept "Dude, calm the hell down, six weeks isn't that long" as an answer. I'm just jealous of all those people already driving them!!! GAH!

·
Registered
283 Posts
From what has been posted 6-8 weeks seems to be the norm the dealers are saying for delivery.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Rumor has it dealers are being allocated 2 cars a month!

6-8 weeks sound right

I recently inquired about an Audi Q5, delivery is 10 - 12 weeks

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer said 2 cars a month as well, and if you want something that hasn't already been built and imported already it won't be ready until May/June.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That is VERY crappy. I would be pissed too! That is no coincident. Maybe you should talk to the G.M.

6 weeks feels like 6 months, when you're excited about something. I'm sure other dealers will try to pull this same underhanded tactic. Very unethical....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Signed on a Smoky Granite Metallic Premium Pkg. (No nav) and was quoted 2 weeks. I am in Toronto btw.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. After seeing so many people with similar delivery windows, it is pretty clear that for a specific color and package the delivery date isn't outlandish despite the suspicious changes after I went with different financing.

Mr. Nelsby just needs to calm the hell down evidently!

Anyway, I'm as stoked as the lot of you and look forward to many future posts on our experiences with this wonderful car!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm yet another one who was told that most dealerships are receiving only 2 at a time...one on the base side and one stupid crazy fully loaded. There's a black/black fully loaded sitting on the lot Arlington Lexus in Palatine Illinois if anyone's local and interested.

I ordered mine from McGrath in Chicago a little over a month ago. Fingers crossed it arrives this week.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Can't speak for the dealership you dealt with, but yes, typical delivery time now is 6-8 weeks for us here at McGrath Lexus in Chicago. We have actually been trying to straight buy from other stores across the country to fill our orders.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Melbourne Fl-we bought Starfire Pearl yesterday, that we saw Thurs. Test drove a silver one, and while we were there a red one was picked up. When we were picking up ours yesterday we did not even see the silver one. Seems like the PRius, too bad you have to wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm maybe it is your region you are in too, I got mine in Chantilly, VA at Pohanka Lexus and I ordered mine last Friday and picked it up on Sunday, so I waited 3 days from putting down my deposit. Pohanka Lexus is 3rd largest dealer in the States though so that might of helped. Sorry to hear that...6-8 weeks is long.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.