Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an e-mail from Pandora encouraging me to stream Pandora in my Lexus. I am registered on Lexus Enform, but I don't have the Nav package in my 2012 CT200h. Is there a way to stream Pandora without the Nav screen?

~ The Lexus Rookie ~

·
Registered
270 Posts
Think it would depend on whether you manage to get the Bluetooth integration working between phone and car without the Nav display. Plus whether the phone plays nicely with sending audio to the car.

I don't use Pandora, I use Tune In Radio instead (an internet radio app that I found before hearing about Pandora). The audio streaming is fine on my CT but that's with the Bluetooth integration set up via the Nav screen.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't see how you could do it without streaming through your phone. I use my iPhone 3GS, connected through Bluetooth to my non-Nav, upgraded CT car stereo. Works great, all the way from Austin to Houston. But then I have unlimited data on my iPhone.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Summarizing everything - you can stream pandora from your phone to the car if you have bluetooth. No nav required. The new system starting with the GS let's you directly interact with pandora via your phones data connection. Still streaming from the phone but more baked in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I find it a bit disappointing that Lexus requires people to buy a $2000 system to get these new features that Toyota is building into even their cheapest $18,000 Prius model which does have the apps built into the dash even on the non-nav model.... Plus the little hybrid computer in my dash, what a joke that is compared to the one on the Prius.

I guess, Lexus felt the need to force us to buy the more expensive option packages... But I didn't go for it, I wanted to keep my payments low and didn't want all the other extra bells and whistles that the higher packages give you.

Oh well, at least it does have A2DP streaming from my iPhone to the stereo so I can stream everything, I just can't have the enhanced display. HOWEVER, the good news, at least Lexus did have the decency to integrate the steering wheel controls, so if I hit the next track button, it skips tracks on Spotify or Pandora. YAY!

·
Registered
609 Posts
HOWEVER, the good news, at least Lexus did have the decency to integrate the steering wheel controls, so if I hit the next track button, it skips tracks on Spotify or Pandora. YAY!
Really?? I have never tried it... I wonder if that works with TuneIn radio too. I usually record hours of the station and use the >> button to skip song or commericals. It would be nice if I could do it from the steering wheel. Have it on the way home today!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have issue of Pandora not playing immediately. I saw a posting that you need to goto iPhone's Music App and "start" playing something to make connection and then play Pandora. It does work however, do I need to that everytime??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts