Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ct isnt even at 80k miles yet and now I am getting a flashing tire sensor light that turns solid after a minute. Everywhere Im reading is telling me this means a failing sensor in one of the tires. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am just suspicious because a tire rotation was done two weeks ago and now this happens. I’ve already checked the tire pressure and it looks fine but the light won’t go away. I’ve also tried the button under the steering wheel but it doesn’t even seem to register when I hold it down. Any tips before I shell out a few hundred for a replacement? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
430 Posts
Based on your join date, I assume your CT is about 10 years old. From what I've read, the batteries in the TPMS don't last forever (they last about 7 years). So when they die, the entire sensor needs to be replaced. So you'd want to do all of them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on your join date, I assume your CT is about 10 years old. From what I've read, the batteries in the TPMS don't last forever (they last about 7 years). So when they die, the entire sensor needs to be replaced. So you'd want to do all of them.
Thank you for responding and you’re correct. I am also replacing tires and going to end up doing it all in one shot. Costco charges $40 per TPMS which i think is actually very decent. No additional labor with tire change

1 - 4 of 4 Posts