Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally tried to use a USB flash drive as a music source today, and I was surprised that I couldn't select songs while the car is in motion, whereas I had no problems if I had the iPod connected instead....that is pretty stupid.
But the good thing about the USB is it responds much faster than the iPod.

so in my opinion:

iPod:
Pros:
- Can select songs while in motion
- Can be organized by artist, albums, songs, etc..
Cons:
- Slow to change songs or select songs
- Might be clumsy with the cable

USB:
Pros:
- Fast song change or selection
- Possibly higher capacity (up to 256GB flash drives in the market now)
- Possible to be fully concealed with the USB/Power Adapter compartment closed (If you buy the ultra small LaCie usb drive; I've seen the photos and it seems possible)
Cons:
- Cannot select songs while in motion
- Cannot be organized by artist, albums etc.. (well it really depends how you organize the folders, so maybe not really a con for some people)

I didn't consider bluetooth as another possible medium since I'd have to plug in a power source if I don't want the device to be completely drained of battery, so that'd be like having an iPod with a cable. So far the BT device I've tried is an iPhone. Does anyone have any non-Apple BT music device experiences with the Lexus system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an 8g and 60g sony USB sticks and the donot work. Formatted them as FAT 32 and used mp3 as well as wav files. All my 0.25/0.5/1 and 2g sticks work fantastic. These were all free bees from medical reps and cheap! Any one can tell me why sony sticks do not work?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well, the OP was old, but as for BT on iPhone, it doesn't really drain much from the battery. After about 70 minutes of streaming BT from iPhone 3G, it is barely noticable on the battery. Now if I access Pandora using 3G data, that would kill the battery in about 90 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts