Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a iPhone 4s and it paired with the car BT just fine. I can make and received calls, however, the BT tab is greyed out within the audio button. I am not able to play any music through the phone at all. What am I doing wrong? Please advice. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
During the setup of the phone where you did the phone pairing, the car should have told you to say 'internal audio device' or something similar if you wanted to use your phone as an audio player as well. Not sure if you can edit the phone profile now or have to delete it and just re-add.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You have to pair the phone again with the audio options also. You probably will not need to re-enter the passcode, but they need to be paired as a phone and music player separately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am I missing something, I have the same issue, greyed out BT tab in the audio menu, I removed the phone & connected again, but didnt see anywhere to add audio options, it just picks the phone up, gives me 0000 key to put in phone & connects...its an iphone 4s...didnt ask about paring for bluetooth audio anywhere?...help

·
Registered
3 Posts
chris5150: what did you do to make it work with the BT Audio? I have an iPhone 4 and it works great as the BT phone, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the BT audio to work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
609 Posts
chris5150: what did you do to make it work with the BT Audio? I have an iPhone 4 and it works great as the BT phone, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the BT audio to work.

Thanks!
You only paired the phone with Phone BT; you will need to pair the phone with Audio BT as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You only paired the phone with Phone BT; you will need to pair the phone with Audio BT as well.
To pair the Audi device you need to Select Menu from your controller, Select Setup,Select Audio,Select Bluetooth Audio Device option then select register Bluetooth device it should take care of the rest for you .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks all for the help. I figured it out this morning... Seems I wasn't patient enough the first time. I got in the car, let it pair to BT phone, then went to register a BT audio device. I went to the phones BT settings screen and selected car multimedia then just waited. It prob took between 30-45 sec to make all the connections, but I did not have to enter the pass code again. Once the phone said connected I was good to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I seem to have the opposite problem. I can get audio just fine but once in a while the phone fails to connect and I cannot make or receive calls.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an iphone 4s connected via bluetooth and have never experienced your issue, even with the recent update (I have Nav). The only issue I've ever had is a rare disconnection when I switch between "Pandora" <--> "Music" over bluetooth. When it occurs, I'll have to manually press Connect on the Nav to reconnect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts