Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an CT200 on order with the "standard" (read non-Nav) audio system. I have a question about how the car controls the audio from either an iPhone or iPod.
I realize there is a USB connection and have read that the iPhone will also play audio over the Bluetooth. (Obviously the iPod does not work with Bluetooth.)
Does the audio controls on the car (volume, track skip, play/pause/stop) control the iPhone/iPod? Does it depend on which way the iPhone is connected? If you wish to stop playing music and push Stop, will the iPhone/iPod keep running - like you have to actually stop playback on the device itself?
Sorry if these questions sound obvious but I am coming from an RX that had the nav system and got used to the iPod integration of that system.
Thanks,

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 1st gen ipod Touch (that doesn't have Bluetooth) and I bought a Rocketfish Bluetooth transmitter from Best Buy (25$ CDN at Bestbuy.ca - 31$ USD at Bestbuy.com).
I had difficulties pairing it though so had to go online to get some instructions and found that I had to change my passkey to 1234 (the instructions said it will use 0000, 1234, 8888, 9999 (I think that is the 4 keys - I tried 8888 first and it didn't work). After that I was able to play music using my iTouch to control things and then found out I could control volume and advance songs using the steering wheel controls.
I only used it once on a road trip this past weekend and then my son took over ;) so I do need to play with it a bit more as it wasn't as easy using it the next day after pairing it. I think you have to play a song, then plug the transmitter into the iTouch and wait for it to find your Bluetooth device. I have to use it a few more times I guess.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
All controls are through the car. You can control your iPhone or iPod via steering wheel or stereo controls in either Bluetooth or USB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
USB works great for me. I don't know why people we're saying they can't control playlist/artist/etc. list with the head unit thru USB. It works fine with the right knob, just takes some time to get used to ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Works great but if you get a phone call it try's to stay on blue tooth.

·
Registered
98 Posts
USB works great for me. I don't know why people we're saying they can't control playlist/artist/etc. list with the head unit thru USB. It works fine with the right knob, just takes some time to get used to ...
When I plugged my iPod Touch 3 (third generation) into the audio system using the USB port on my non-Nav CT, the screen on the Touch read something to the effect "Accessory Attached," and it wouldn't allow me to see beyond the title of the song that appeared on the radio screen. I could, however, control the volume and skip to the next song by using the radio or steering wheel controls. Same thing after I upgraded (for different reasons) to an iPod Touch 4 (the 4th and latest generation).

While I could read the Playlists on the iPod Touch by attaching either the 3rd of 4th generation of the device to the audio (non-USB) port, only the volume was controllable using the radio or steering wheel controls. Any other changes had to be made on the iPod Touch itself.

I finally decided to use the iPod Touch's bluetooth connection and go completely wireless. Beyond the simplicity of not having to deal with cables, this enables me to control the volume and skip to the next song on the playlist through the radio or steering wheel controls. Playlist changes and other menu items still have to be made on the iPod Touch itself.

Remember, I'm talking about my "non-Nav" CT, which is what the poster who started this thread was referring to. The CT with Nav apparently has a different interface, just as it does with iPhone address books.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your iphone/ipod is jailbroken, go download this app from cydia call 'no accessory attached' ... that will get rid of the annoying screen =)

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh crap the app is actually called 'NoAccessorySplash' in case anyone was searching for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth audio - do controls work?

I am confused by Bluetooth audio controls or perhaps doing it wrong: I just got a 2012 C2T200h with Nav. The iphone 4s is paired to both phone and audio. On bluetooth audio, sound comes through the stereo, but all control is still through the phone. No steering controls or menus in bluetooth. Connected to USB, all works just great and the playlists and other controls work with the joystick.

Is this how it is or am I missing a setting for bluetooth audio controls?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Try using the knobs and buttons to control track/cd up and down, and the station tuning knob.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am confused by Bluetooth audio controls or perhaps doing it wrong: I just got a 2012 C2T200h with Nav. The iphone 4s is paired to both phone and audio. On bluetooth audio, sound comes through the stereo, but all control is still through the phone. No steering controls or menus in bluetooth. Connected to USB, all works just great and the playlists and other controls work with the joystick.

I just went and tried it and same thing, although it has worked before with the 4s.
What it looks like is you have to have it in the right screen of the audio on the music screen on the 4s and then it will work with the up and down steering wheel control. At least that what I did and it does work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response, When I connect through BT and choose the audio menu, I do get the screen that shows the data for the playing song. But the menu button is not visible and advancing through the steering wheel did not work for me. Only volume. All controls still through the phone. I'll stick with USB and then it charges too.

Anyone fine a source for a four inch cable?

·
Registered
609 Posts

I don't think you are missing anything. Bluetooth control to iPod is limited. I think play/pause, track up and down are about all you can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interestingly, up until today, I had no steering wheel controls using bluetooth connection. It would tell me the song/artist if I switched to that view, but no other controls including random or repeat worked. Today, the steering wheel up, down worked, as do random and repeat. The only thing missing in BT is the menu function to view playlists. I still think the USB is better, but this gives and option.

I just have no idea what I did differently today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts