Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've had a CT200 since Sept and I've tried to figure this out on my own... but have had no luck. Perhaps someone here can help me.

My iPhone audio works fine via bluetooth. I can play tunes and use the phone etc.

However, as soon as I plug it in to a power source, like the USB plug, the audio can no longer be heard. I can see the music is playing because the track is moving forward. But no audio comes out of the speakers.

I've tried to plug the iPhone in to the power source first and then reconnect the bluetooth and various other methods. But nothing seems to work.

Anyone have thoughts/fixes for this?

Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have given up trying to figure out the various idiosyncrasies of the interface between Apple and Toyota. I just go to the phone screen and reconnect. A recurring problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Assuming you are charging using the car's USB port & that you are running iOS 7, then the problem is that the iPhone is trying to play using the USB port output, but the car is trying to receive using the Bluetooth input. Two solutions are available. Firstly, just switch the car to the USB input. Secondly, go to the iPhone's Control Centre (swipe up from bottom of screen) & select the Airplay icon. Change it to Bluetooth rather than Lightning/Dock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
USB Firewall

I have a Highlander as well with an identical bluetooth setup and it does the same thing. I always thought an easy fix would be if someone made a small usb adapter which basically only allowed power to pass through and NOT the data connection. Well it looks like someone recently started making such a device and you can pick them up here for $20. https://lockedusb.com/product/lockedusb-adapter-charger-firewall-power-optimizer/

·
Registered
129 Posts
On my 2013, I use BTA too but when I plug into USB, the sound only pauses and I just have to hit play again.

I've tried USB only by deleting the BTA profile because I thought the sound would be better from USB direct, but I had issues that the next/previous track buttons would stop working. I learned the fix for this was hitting the random/repeat car button and the track buttons would work again, but that got annoying.

This is all w/ iPhone and Spotify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this problem and the solution is after I plug it in the USB, I go into the car settings and reconnect the Bluetooth for the phone.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It switches to usb when you plug it in. On your iphone, push bottom right (usually bottom right) and change your sound outpoint. You can pick between iphone speakers, carmedia/bluetooth, or usb. Just pick the bluetooth and it will start working again. Reconneting bluetooth as someone suggested does work but you're basically just changing your output but the long way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to play it through the usb if it's plugged in already? Isn't the sound through usb superior to bluetooth?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to play it through the usb if it's plugged in already? Isn't the sound through usb superior to bluetooth?
I have no personal experience since I have no experience with playing through the USB port and I can't point you to specific threads, but I have a distinct recollection of threads saying that the quality is worse with the USB port. I am not sure of the location of those threads. Either on this forum or the PriusChat forums, which I used to follow. Take a look, some people go to great lengths to discuss it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry i'm kind of late to this thread, but my solution is: After i've plugged my iPhone 6 into the USB port, I go back to the bluetooth audio tab and click on the play button at the bottom. The music should continue playing! Hope this helps..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts