Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 from the 5s and it doesn't fit in the OEM device holder. Any alternative holders that'll fit in the slot and that'll fit larger phones?

·
Registered
58 Posts
More first world problems :) for those of us used used to having larger phones, landscape is the rule. Or... remove the holder and place the phone in the empty slot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem, so I modded mine; Unscrew the 4 tiny screws in the back, then open the holder (but do it slowly bc there are springs in there) then pull up the adjustable piece as high as you can (you may have to take it off then drop it back on) until the point where it fits your phone. Then screw it back together and walla! I also had to take off the bottom rubber pieces to fit it with my case but you may not have to.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Good to know about that, i have no idea about it but the above suggestion made my mind to screw it up and check a long width for the iPhone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Support for larger phones using the OEM phone holder

There is a solution for holding the larger phones in the OEM holder. You can purchase an upgraded top bracket from Shapeways.com. Here is the link:
ct200h - Shapeways 3D Printing Search Results - http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=ct200h -
There is a bracket that will hold the iPhone 6 and 6+, and an even larger bracket that one guy is using for an iPad Air. Check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have (or can get) the OEM phone holder, you can get a special longer bracket that will allow you to mount all larger phones in portrait mode. Check it out here:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/VN...ionId=40650702
This will even allow the iPad mini to fit...
I have this, it works. Holds my iPhone 6 nicely. You have to take apart the holder to install the new bracket, but they have detailed instructions on the site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts