Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After upgrading my iPhone to a new 5S with the the new OS7 operating system I am having major issues with getting music to play via the Bluetooth connection.
The phone part is fine and calls can be made and received via the hands free Bluetooth connection.

My problem comes in when I go the radio and switch to the Bluetooth tab. I press connect and I keep getting the message "portable audio device cannot be found" On the iPhone the " car multimedia" appears in the Bluetooth settings and indicates it is connected. i have tried this many times without success.
I can no longer get any music from iTunes to play via the Bluetooth connection. i will have to go back to the AUX and get an audio connector cable.

Did Apple change something in the new OS that now makes the iPhone incompatible with the CT200 audio system?

My CT200h is a 2011 model, Navigation version.

If anyone has encountered this issue with the new iPhone OS and figured it out I would love to know the answer.

Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the ideas. i will give it a try. I figure there is always finger pointing, Apple vs. Lexus.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've seen this happen after iOS 7 updates..

1. DELETE THE AUDIO PLAYER
2. REPAIR AUDIO PLAYER
3. IT SHOULD WORK FINE AGAIN

I see this quite often and recently had to do it on my CT as well...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Deleting the old audio player and establishing a new bluetooth connection was the answer. I established a separate bluetooth connection with the audio player portion of the iPhone. i can play the iTunes music and switch between the phone if a call comes in. All is well. Much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thank you. Deleting the old audio player and establishing a new bluetooth connection was the answer. I established a separate bluetooth connection with the audio player portion of the iPhone. i can play the iTunes music and switch between the phone if a call comes in. All is well. Much appreciated.:)
It will almost certainly happen again, at the most inopportune times. Don't forget what you did, pull over and do it again and it might be months before you need to do it again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Bluetooth disconnected once I. The middle of a call. Picked up the handset ant the music in the iPhone was playing at the same time furring a call! It was so strange.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A few details please: please explain what you mean by 'delete the old audio player'.' Is this something you do on the iPhone or via the Lexus audio menu?

Thanks.

-Phrog

·
Registered
200 Posts
A few details please: please explain what you mean by 'delete the old audio player'.' Is this something you do on the iPhone or via the Lexus audio menu?

Thanks.

-Phrog
Delete is on the Lexus Audio menu....then REGISTER it again...and click on CAR MULTIMEDIA via your bluetooth screen on the iphone

·
Registered
9 Posts
Worked perfectly. I was able to play Hocus Pocus at an absurdly loud level via Bluetooth from my iPhone. Thanks all for the guidance!

-Phrog

1 - 13 of 13 Posts