Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wondered if anyone else here may have this problem. I upgraded my iPhone 4S to a 5 and now that I cannot connect the audio BT but I have no issues in pairing the phone to make calls. Anyone has any idea what can I do?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe it can only be one or the other. Either connect phone via bluetooth for streaming pandora etc. or connect phone via bluetooth for making calls etc. I had the same issue as well and the only way I was able to use both was connect my iphone 5 via bluetooth to make calls and plug in iphone 5 to usb port to play from pandora etc.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The IPhone5 connects perfectly well via bluetooth for music and audio books and also to make phone calls. Once in a while there is a glitch, at that time just open the audio screen (on the nav model, I have no idea how to do it on a non nav, but I bet it is in the manual), and ask it to connect. I think the phone is first to connect, then connect the player. Play with it, it will work. Don't give up. It is screwy, but it works just fine. About once every two or three months it disconnects and I have to manually reconnect the ipod part of the phone, but it is no big deal. The bigger deal is that if I answer a call by touching the phone screen rather than using the steering wheel or nav screen controls, it answers and uses the IPhone ear speaker, which is obviously not sufficient to hear very well in a moving car, so always answer with the little phone on the steering wheel. Strangely enough, if I make a call using the phone screen it works perfectly and the sound comes from the car speakers, it only messes up on answering it.

It is a messy system, but it isn't as bad as it could be. Since I am not going to trade the car for this reason and Lexus claims it is an Apple problem and Apple doesn't say anything, I guess I am stuck with a patch job to work around this glitch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with Joe, my iPhone 5 connects via Bluetooth for both music and and phone calls. I just got my iPhone replaced and had to go through the process again. I first had to link the phone up through the settings menu under the phone option, then I went into the audio or bluetooth audio section and link it up there also.

Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have no Navigation, just Premium.
Had no problem with music/audio bluetooth. Some hiccups on answering calls handsfree from the steering wheel. I deleted the Iphone5 from the system and reconnected again. It now has worked trouble free for a few months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having this same issue for months and just finally got it to work. I have the IS250 with a navigation system. I got it to work by doing the following:

On your iPhone, go into settings, Bluetooth and look for the connected device for your car. Click on the "i" and get more info and then click on "forget this device".

Reset your iPhone.

Then, in your car, go to Set Up and go to Phone. Go to Edit and delete the phone from your car system.

Now, turn your iPhone back on and go to Settings, Bluetooth. Then on your car, go back to set up and click on Phone, and then connect your iPhone.

Then, go back into Setup and go to Audio. Click on Bluetooth and it should give you an option to click on Register. Click on that. That should connect your iPhone and audio player. If it doesn't, go back to Setup, Audio and click on Portable Player and try connecting that way.

I hope that helps. It was driving me crazy and I reached out to Apple Support, did a Map software upgrade with Lexus and e-mailed them and was not able to find any solution until I figured it out on my own.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What freddiaschaffer said.

Sometimes when you update the software or upgrade to a different phone the settings don't translate properly. Un-pairing and re-pairing your device with the car should fix your issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts