Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

With my iPhone 5 & 2013 w/Nav my CT will read incoming text messages but I am unable to reply with canned replies or select call. Anyone else have this issue? Does this work for Android, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw somewhat rude responses to your legitimate concern. I’m having the same issue with my new CT. It looks like only a few phones as of now support the reply feature. IPhone is not one of them but with new IOS releases on the phone that capability should be available in time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I saw somewhat rude responses to your legitimate concern. I’m having the same issue with my new CT. It looks like only a few phones as of now support the reply feature. IPhone is not one of them but with new IOS releases on the phone that capability should be available in time.
That's funny, I saw legitimate concerns in response to a kind of strange request in view of all the questions as to the safety (or lack thereof) of texting, reading texts, responding to texts, etc.

Maybe if you were stopped at a red light and had a lady in a brand new Mercedes rear end you while distracted with her phone you might not consider those responses somewhat rude. I think being rearended by a texter to be far more rude. When I got out of my car (it was my last car, a Prius, not my CT) the first words out of her mouth, while holding her phone in her hand were: "I didn't hit you!"

·
Registered
1 Posts
The reply to text messages feature built into the car (you pick a canned response from a list) is safer than fumbling around texting, and it doesn't involve voice-to-text. There are a whole set of features that could be distracting, and Lexus has tried to limit which are available when the car is moving. If you like, you can pretend that the question was about text replies when the car is stationary.

Regardless, the question was about why a function of the car does not work as designed. I was told by my dealer that the feature works on phones other than iPhones, but they did not know why. If you find a work-around, please post it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow - can a moderator delete the moronic and unrelated posts on this thread? The OP posted a question about an official lexus feature in the car. For those that want to debate the merits of the feature go do it somewhere else. I am interested in what the actual answer to the question is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks theocanada and handysw for support in getting my genuine question to a legitimate OEM feature built into our vehicles.

As you can tell from my current stable of cars I am no amateur to cars but can't seem to get this feature to work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
ANSWER

only on 2013's it will display MESSAGES...cannot reply due to Apple's lack of allowing PBAP data transfer which is currently only available on Blackberry and Android devices

·
Registered
100 Posts
is there a way to upgrade the software on the 2012 to get this functionality?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts