Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded from my 3gs to the 4s and love the phone. Also love that it shows the track names on Bluetooth as well. What I don't love is that if I have been listening to bluetooth and switch to Sat, the bluetooth connection dies and I have to manually reconnect. My 3gs didn't do this.

I've tried erasing and re-connecting the phone. I've tried changing the bluetooth setting to device connect. Same problem both ways.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I put OS5 on my iPad (1st generation) and now it is kind of buggy. It hangs up at times. I have an iPhone 4S on order but I am worried about some of these issues. My iPhone 3GS works so well in the car that I am hesitant now to change.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, have confirmed with Apple that it is an IOS 5 issue. Pity really because IOS5 did solve the issue of tracks not showing when bluetooth is on, just can't switch to other inputs.

Apple tech supervisor said he was logging it as a bug and sending it to the engineers but nothing would likely change until an OS update goes out at the earliest and even then it is not clear if it would go with the first update... bah.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Every new OS has a few issues. The 4s is a great upgrade from the 3GS.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an iPhone 4 (not "S") with iOS5. I don't have any problems switching between BT and the radio or USB and back. I haven't tried SAT because I don't have the subscription.

Is your problem only with SAT or does it occur going back and forth from FM and/or USB too?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just tested my iPhone 4 with iOS5, and it does the same thing - it disconnects after I switch over to FM and back. I simply click 'Connect' and I'm OK.
But I really like seeing all the track info now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just tested it too and if I'm listening to the iPod function of the iPhone, it disconnects. However, if I'm listening to Pandora (like I usually am), it doesn't disconnect. How odd is that?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just upgraged my iPhone 3GS to iOS 5, with mixed results ...

- The phone now disconnects and reconnects when switching audio inputs. This is not good, but to be fair it does reconnect on its own.

- The phone used to automatically start playing in shuffle mode. It doesn't now. I now have to select shuffle mode on the phone before I select BTA in the car. This not good.

- If I leave BTA, and then return, it now restarts the song it was playing when I left. I think this is good.

- I still don't get the track title or artist info. I have a non-NAV car, but this info does appear on the radio head when I'm connected to satellite. iOS 5 was supposed to include support for AVRCP 1.3, which is supposed to supply the metadata info on the track being played. Does anyone get title and artist info on the radio display?

- I now get a track number and run time for the song currently being played. This is good.

On the whole, the bluetooth interface on iOS 5 doesn't work as well as it did on iOS 4.2.

Hopefully they'll patch it soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wish track names showed up on my non Nav CTh... :/ Anyway my switching between SAT and BTA has no dropping or disconnecting issues...
So I found out today that track names do actually show up after hitting the "TEXT" button a number of times. I was pleased to see it display Album, Artist or song tittle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This could also be "as-designed" behavior.

The thing is that there are many use cases for how people want to integrate their sources with the car's audio system...some of which are mutually exclusive. What's a pain to you might be someone else's car audio nirvana. So sometimes what appears to us as kludgey behavior is a part of a compromise to try and please everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
when i switch audio inputs the audioblooth gets disconnected. how to i reconnect? i have tried turning off the iphone 4s bluetooth, then back on but no luck. usually i need to turn the car on and off which is a pain especially on highway. some before mentioned hitting the "connect " button? where is that? i have a non nav model

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Problem still there :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was having a problem with this but I fixed it by deleting all my phone data from my CT and then starting over from scratch. Before I had two different phones (mine and my wife's) but now I just have the one. That may help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was having a problem with this but I fixed it by deleting all my phone data from my CT and then starting over from scratch. Before I had two different phones (mine and my wife's) but now I just have the one. That may help.
I think you got it right SPAZZ. I read the same thing on an Apple support site and a couple of guys resolved it the same way.

Here's what they posted: I still had the problem after the iOS 5.1 update, but was able to solve my issues by deleting the devices on my iPhone the re-pairing. Since doing that, all has been well!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I deleted my iPhone 4s from the car and deleted the car from the iPhone. After re-pairing, the problem persists. That said, it is only a problem with the Music app on the phone. Using Pandora and switching back and forth between SAT, BT and USB, there are no issues. Seems Apple needs to fix something in the Music App.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts